Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I recently bought a stripped down "stunt" Blade. Its a 93 and did not run at all when I purchased it. So after working on getting it back to running and checking all the systems I found that the clutch was dragging pretty badly when the bike was warming up and hard to shift. Assuming that the clutch was the culprit I disassembled it and found the baskets were grooved horribly. So I ordered a used basket from a 94 and installed it. I made sure to install everything exactly as the diagram showed and checked on here for any wisdom I could find. After getting it all put back together and starting it I found there was a squealing/knocking noise. I am stumped as to what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,245 Posts
A squealing knocking noise is heard while you and the bike are doing what? Riding? At idle, clutch pulled in? Not pulled in? While under load? More info please

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happens at idle and through the range until the exhaust is too loud to hear it anymore, both with the clutch pulled and not pulled. Also under load it seems to get louder. The noise seems to be localized in the clutch area itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts