Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My street equipment will be getting a nice facelift this winter. Just got an estimate of $525 to fix my upper, right lower, gas tank and fender and the entire bike painted solid color of my choice. Can't turn this down, to repair the upper and rt lower was going to cost me $300 anyway.

Now a question...
I want to go some color 'non' honda. I want to stay away from red, silver and black. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
The black/blue euro 954 color is pretty nice. If you have to go with a solid color, use something that will be a good base and you cn add vinyl accents/graphics over it to finish it off. Personaly, I have always loved a "liquid silver" on a black framed bike with perhaps a few tastefull vinyl accents.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
If I were doing a street RC I think I'd have to go with the white & black like the Euro version. Tasty. :yumyum:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am leaning toward a blue or orange. I was going to get it painted to match my old silver/black F4i. But then the painter kind of offered up the idea of painting it a little less like a honda production bike. After a little thought, I agree.

This would be purely for street. I have seperate bodywork and will be getting another tank for track. Just not sure what I would like. Blue just seems a little Yamaha. Orange is kind of a color no one uses, but maye there is a reason :idunno: :idunno:

Edit: Can anyone photoshop an RC solid colors? I can't so it would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
A guy I know had an orange 748 (going for the GSE or HM Plant Superbike look). I kinda liked it. Some silver or blue accents would look good.

BTW, I've got a track tank for my RC that I need to sell. It's got a sizeable dent on one side but holds fuel without leaks. I raced with it with no problems. If you're interested let me know. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, I blew a head gasket in my car, and wrecked the bike last month at the track. With x-mas comeing up, I am getting spread real thin. As in the bike will be painted with plastic. I will probably not have any expendable cash until Feb.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am leaning toward the Euro spec 954 blue or Roulette green.
However, I keep thinking about just breaking down and getting silver. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more stop by the body shop and I have changed my mind again. It looks like the wheels will be powder coated white. The bike will get painted red and the wing kit will be white. Hmmmm... Sounds good to me right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I were doing a street RC I think I'd have to go with the white & black like the Euro version.
Sounds like a winner to me.

Seriously, whatever you decide, I produce vinyl wing kits that are exact copies of both the RC51 and SP2. I also do all the oem decals. Obviously, color choices are only limited by what is available from 3M and Oracal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
I am leaning toward a blue or orange. I was going to get it painted to match my old silver/black F4i. But then the painter kind of offered up the idea of painting it a little less like a honda production bike. After a little thought, I agree.

This would be purely for street. I have seperate bodywork and will be getting another tank for track. Just not sure what I would like. Blue just seems a little Yamaha. Orange is kind of a color no one uses, but maye there is a reason :idunno: :idunno:

Edit: Can anyone photoshop an RC solid colors? I can't so it would be appreciated.
I am no artist this sucks but here it goes...

·
Registered
116 Posts
G-Man said:
Good Lord, that's a hideous PhotChop job! :eek:

RC51 in basic color schemes from the master of RC51 colorschemes, hrc-51:

It ain't no photoshop, it's MS Paint :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts