Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hear what sounded like a little bell ringing when i was lubing my chain with the wheel up and spinning in gear. I took off the drive sprocket cover and the bolt and washer fell out. The bolt came loose and the cover kept it contained but the inner threads on the drive spindle are nearly gone. The bolt is completely trashed. Im attempting to tap out the salvageable threads and insert a longer bolt so that it has a couple mms of additional threads to hold on to. If this doesnt work....... I would like some ideas other than taking the entire engine apart and replacing the drive spindle. Damn it :banghead:

·
Registered
9 Posts
your going to end up wasting time trying to just rethread it. If I were to even be rethreading it I would go with a larger diameter bold. Tap it one size up. Get all new threads rather then just a few where you'll end up having the same problem.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was lucky enough to get the threads retapped and found a new bolt that reached all the threads and used red loc tite for extra insurance. I will use an impact to remove the bolt when the time comes but not to reinstall it. Just elbow grease from now on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts