Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got 2 gears in my servo that are absolutely destroyed, and the cables are relatively hard to pull. If I want to ditch the servo I need to do the flapper mod for sure, but in what position should I lock the exhaust valve to have the best performance? Im thinking of later on either buying the exhause valve eliminator or fabricating one myself, but for now which is the best choice? If i eliminate the exhaust valve im going to need a power commander to retune correct?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The "best performance" depends entirely on how you ride the bike.
For most it'd be pointing forward for the midrange.
For racing point it down I think.
Why don't you just try riding it and see which you prefer?
It only takes seconds to turn the valve.
Eliminating the HTEV is not going to _require_ a PC. If you only ride in the 3000-8000rpm range leave it pointing forward and it'll breathe exactly as it did with the servo motor until it hits 8000rpm.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hope it all works out.

Just had the servo replaced on my 01 929 as it too had stripped the gears. Mechanic locked my valve fully open to see if i could live with it but had a god-awful flat spot from 5-6k as a result which no one would want to live with. Bit the bullet and paid the £260 for a new servo plus fitting. Must use the bike more often to stop the valve coking up and stripping those flimsy servo teeth!!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
When the mechanic fitted the new servo did he clean out the HTEV so it won't just strip the gears again?
Mine stripped due to a piece of gravel stuck behind the pulley cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts