Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick suggestion for the mods. From being on different forums for a while now i think it would be a good idea to have like subsections under each forum. For example under the Fireblade section and the 600 section and etc.. after you click the one you want have like sub forums, such as a how to section, a picture section, a modification section, and etc. Tell me what you think. It will make it a lot easier to find what you are looking for and stop a **** load of these dumb questions people ask when they are too lazy to search.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its not being lazy, its the pure onslaught of threads. I've tried searching for stuff, IE CBR900RR, then literally 1000's of threads pop up-929-954 etc show up as well do to Fireblade having so many bikes. Each bike should have its own section personally.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know but the Fireblade section is cool no problems with that, but i would like to see like a How to Section, or a Modification Section, or a Help section JUST for the Fireblades or just even better for each model bike. I think it would help this forum a lot. When i had my 600rr before it was stolen i was on ********** and the way that forum was set up was just amazing. So easy yo find things so well organized. if you have time go look thru that forum and see how a real forum is suppose to look

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
There is already a lot of forums, I think adding more could overload it.
Plus it assumes people put things in the correct forum.

Heck - how do you expect someone who posts a thread titled "question" to get it in the right forum!!

Plus you start getting overlaps - is a question on a mod under mods or under how to?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
any1 got any feedback on this.. i like this forum a lot and want to make it better
I prefer it the way it is.
Most problems or modifications apply to more than one model so putting it in one specific forum just hides the discussion from all the other forums where the people that have the answers might be hanging out. It also hides it from those that have done these things before but are currently only subscribed to the forum specific to their current ride, thus all their experience is lost. Only a small percentage of posts are model specific.
I also subscribe to the Suzuki forum (I have several GSXR's) but that's all. If there were seperate forums for each model I'd only subscribe to 929/954 and the '04-'07 1000RR as the rest aren't of interest.
Even with the current setup, I'm sure I could be helping people on a bunch of the specific forums but I can't possibly subscribe to all of them. It's almost becoming a job every day just going through the ones I'm subscribed to now :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
still dont understand how this would make it worse... i think a little more organization can never hurt, unless theres lazyness being involved. Im just trying to say a completely general Fireblade section is WAYYY to general there are too many types of bikes and too many things to do to all of them just to have a FIREBLADE section atleast break them up into 900rr, 929, 954 etc...

·
Super Moderator
8,479 Posts
You obviously have never tried to run a large forum. Fractionalizing the sections into more subsections just means we'd have to move more threads than we do now.

Lazyness? Try using the search function once in awhile, Mr. Kettle...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok but using search through over 15,000 threads and over 160,000 posts for once thing kinda sucks balls... it would be a lot easier organized, or like i said organized by the fireblade model so when your doing a search on something you arent stuck looking thru a bunch of threads for the totally wrong bike cuz all the title says is... SLIDERS, or BEST EXHAUST, or HELP WITH _________ but names nothing about the type of blade it is.. all im saying is dont shoot it down so quickly and give it some thought

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
still dont understand how this would make it worse... i think a little more organization can never hurt, unless theres lazyness being involved. Im just trying to say a completely general Fireblade section is WAYYY to general there are too many types of bikes and too many things to do to all of them just to have a FIREBLADE section atleast break them up into 900rr, 929, 954 etc...
I could see some tiny merit (but still out-weighed by the cons) in seperating the pre-'00 bikes from the rest.
There's no reason to seperate the 929 and 954 since they're essentially the same bike. And the 1000RR is not hugely different from those.
The '08 on I'm not familiar with but it does have a couple of differences, the seperate block allowing simple top-end rebuilds is one that stands out.

Do you have any examples of what sort of things you're interested in that are 954-specific and wouldn't apply to other bikes?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
ok but using search through over 15,000 threads and over 160,000 posts for once thing kinda sucks balls... it would be a lot easier organized, or like i said organized by the fireblade model so when your doing a search on something you arent stuck looking thru a bunch of threads for the totally wrong bike cuz all the title says is... SLIDERS, or BEST EXHAUST, or HELP WITH _________ but names nothing about the type of blade it is.. all im saying is dont shoot it down so quickly and give it some thought
The three examples you've listed above are not bike-specific at all.
Sliders are just sliders - doesn't matter what bike it is.
Best exhaust is a _really_ dumb question right up there with best tyre and best oil.
Help with questions occasionally are bike-specific but rarely specific enough that the information can't be easily applied to other bikes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
thos were just examples.. ok to make it simple if there was a seprate place for the 900rr, 929 and 954, and 1000rrs it would make easier to find bike specific things or trouble shooting questions
dude give up I too am a member over there.It is easier to navigate but thats not over there and they have like 50 moderators to keep it straight and then you still have threads in the wrong place.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
thos were just examples.. ok to make it simple if there was a seprate place for the 900rr, 929 and 954, and 1000rrs it would make easier to find bike specific things or trouble shooting questions
It might do but there just aren't enough bike-specific questions to warrant having seperate forums.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.