Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife has been a good lil woman lately, got a raise and promotion...time to reward her.

So far its looking like a pioneer deh-p7700m headunit along with a pioneer ipod adapter (came out March 1st).

I am wondering about the Alpine headunits. I have a pioneer p5200 and like it. I just installed a deh-p80mp in a RSX. Didnt notice much of a difference than my 5200.

Anyone have a prefrence with reasons for Alpine or Pioneer?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've got a Pioneer DEH-740MP which is pretty much the same as the one you're looking at, only a couple years older. I really like it (and might have to check in to this iPod adapter :hmm: ) and I use an IP-Bus to play the iPod through the AUX ports. Works pretty nice. The MP3 is nice and all, but I rarely use it b/c of the iPod and XM, so you might could go for the model down

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Alpine sounds better... (cleaner amp. imho)
Alpine had their Ipod IF out first... (likely 2nd gen at this point)

After that would come Kenwood (if they had an adapter thus far) , followed by Pioneer. Just never cranked up one of their h/u's and been as amazed as I've been by the preceding.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SSG, ya nailed my concerns.

I was fearing buying pioneer ipod interface as they are unproven at this point.

Right now the Alpine is weighing in with being established first. I was suspecting/hoping that an Alpine could sound cleaner.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
My iPod is old no dock connector and my money allocated to RCs but that is exactly what I have waited for :rant:

My knowledge is limited and old. Had Pioneers with good luck. Decent sound and features and worked. Had one Alpine and it was a flaming pile of :shit: in the shop for 1/2 the warranty had switches break off etc. Not sure that was normal as everyone raved about them back then :idunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts