Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a replacement for Honda part # 45512-MEL-006. There was nothing wrong with my OE hose, except it didn't match my new color scheme I did 2 years ago. I went with a red hose but I'm seeing evidence that the hose I used is more permeable than the OE hose specifies as evidence by some weeping fluid and decreased feel at the lever.

Looking for suggestions, otherwise, I'll have to ruin a good look with the black hose and pay $6 shipping for a $4 hose that I don't really want (but need).

It's part #16 in the attached diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Look for someone parting out a bike near you (classifieds - craigslist/marketplace?) or maybe try an auto parts store local to you where you can get pressure rated/fuel rated bulk hose (think power steering fluid hose) cut to length if you are really in a pinch ? Hope that helps, g'luck !

Reactions: Jaybird180

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The line from the reservoir to MC isn’t pressurized (I don’t 🤔 think). I’m thinking epoxy based paint should do it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I went from a bad hose to a worse hose. Anyone know the ID of the hose? I wasn't smart enough to measure before I changed it. This is the last try and then, I'll just bite the bullet and pay shipping for the OE Honda hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts