Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm deciding on a muscle car purchase for this summer. Which one would you choose & why?

2005 Corvette
2003 Corvette Z06
2003-04 Mustang Cobra
2010 Camaro SS
2010 Challanger R/T or SRT8
2008 GT500 Mustang
2011 Mustang GT

What do you all think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wouldn't even think about the Camaro or Challenger, though the challenger looks good they are both heavy. I would either go Z06 or with any of the Mustang choices, the GT500 and 03-04 Cobra are already super charged and are easy to push into the 600-800 horsepower range. The 11 GT also runs around 600hp with a kenne bell and nothing else but the other two mustangs have forged internals and lower compression allowing a lot higher boost and horsepower cheaper. I'm also partial to Mustangs so I'm kind of biased but I still wouldn't turn down a Z06.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pretty much agree with you about the Camaro & Challenger, I just love the looks of the Challenger... I'm sure it feels like a boat to drive though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ZO6 gets my vote. I love that body style of the Corvette. You can have one of those coughing up as much HP as a C6 ZO6 with just a few mods/little work. They are most likely also going to be the lightest of the group, at about 3150 lbs.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
2010 Challanger SRT8.

I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and those cars were the sh!t when I was in high school.
Chargers, Challangers, even one guy drove a Super Bee.
MOPAR's Rule!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
as long as these stay as a summer toy, i would say you got a pretty decent list. Coming from a person who knows friends and family who have had corvettes, they are VERY impractical cars. So as long as its something that you dont have to go get groceries or pick up the kids after school, i would X those off your list right now. Also the ram air on those vettes are low to the ground so you can def count it out for daily driving in the rain. My cousin boyfriend hydrolocked his vette from driving in a semi deep puddle that 90% of cars should be able to drive through.

Mustangs lose their value very fast so if you want pick one up, get it off a person selling theirs, not through a dealership.

and as said above, the dodge charger, challenger, Chevy camaro are very heavy cars. But a lot of fun to drive...

Honestly your best bet off that list is the Mustangs IMO. They have a pretty decent fan base as well as modification list if that what you want to eventually get into. They didnt change a TON over the years so dont be surprised if your going to be using some early model parts on a late model car. There is a guy on the forums who put an entire 2011 front end on his 05 mustang gt

and if you want a car that would compete with those cars you have there, hold its value well, rare as well as practical, I would look for a Pontiac G8. (YES I SAID PONTIAC!) Alot of people will disagree here because of the name pontiac (which in English means piece of ****) but the G8 is honestly one of GM/Pontiac's best kept secrets. 4 door saloon with a 6.0 L76 V8 engine (400hp) which if you dont know your engines, then its the EXACT same motor as the C5 Z06 LS2 engine

Im really a Honda Guy, but i admire american cars here and there

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would personally have it narrowed down to 2005 Corvette
2003 Corvette Z06........ the 2003 though, the interior is ugly and boring. terrible for a car of that status. so probably just go with the 2005, its got power and looks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
GT500 is a lot of fun, but Corvette will out run it in any kind of twisty roads.

All depends on what you want really.
It will theoretically keep up with it in the straights too.
Vette will have a lower drag coefficient.

Also,

ZO6: 3150lbs and 405 hp = 1:7.77 power to weight ratio.
GT500 3920lbs and 500 hp = 1:7.84 power to weight ratio.

More HP means precisely DICK when the car weights that much more.

Well, wick. At least you can go drag racing with the GT500. Wouldn't have been my choice, but if you are happy, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Not much money to buy a pulley and tune though..

I do agree that a Z06 would have been better personally, for performance..

Anyone who says the Mustang having a rear seat is a good thing.. Try sitting back there :p
I still like the looks of it though.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not much money to buy a pulley and tune though..

I do agree that a Z06 would have been better personally, for performance..

Anyone who says the Mustang having a rear seat is a good thing.. Try sitting back there :p
I still like the looks of it though.
LOL...if you buy any of these vehicles with rear seat room in mind, you might want to rethink your priorities.
You buy cars like this with rear seat room in mind just about as much as you buy a literbike with fuel economy in mind.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Hey, I know people with mustangs and similar cars who buy them because "They are a sports car with a back seat"

I own a 2 door car, with much better back seats then any of those... but still no room to sit. I know what it is all about, I like to sit my back pack in a seatbelt :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts