Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hmm: And no, I'm not going :loony:

Tonight is the Winter Solstice which means the evenings will start drawing out again, Spring will soon be on the way with (hopefully) a good Summer to follow that :hyper:

·
Registered
342 Posts
technically the sun has been setting later since early december
no. that is not accurate unless your in the southern hemisphere. to this point the days have been getting progressively shorter and shorter. from today (dec 21st) till christmas eve are the shortest days of the year and are for all intents and purposes the same length. december 25th (christmas) is actually the first longer day of the cycle.

i think the full moon before the spring equinox will be the time to get the bike back on the road :) time to get wrenching! there is a lot of maintenance to go. did 13000 miles on my main bike this past riding season!

·
Registered
270 Posts
:hmm: And no, I'm not going :loony:

Tonight is the Winter Solstice which means the evenings will start drawing out again, Spring will soon be on the way with (hopefully) a good Summer to follow that :hyper:

Doesn't feel like it up here -8 at lunchtime and suppose to warm up through the night to -5.:rolleyes::rolleyes: April seems a long time away:crap:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't feel like it up here -8 at lunchtime and suppose to warm up through the night to -5.:rolleyes::rolleyes: April seems a long time away:crap:
It doesn't feel like it here either, but at least we're gonna be on the right side of the Winter Solstice now :D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:):thumb::D:hyper::highclap::cycle::nod::dance: :naws: :tu::cheers::smilierr::freebird:
I take it that Dangerous 'I'm gonna get 2 summers in, in the next 18 months' Des is happy about that!!! :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
OooooK Loopy. I don't think this :loony: does it. I think we need to be smoking the good stuff mixed with lot's of this :alcohol:and we somehow reach you up there. High as a kite again. Maybe it's cabin fever. :idunno:

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Its kind of like saying "you're dying the second you are born.":hmm:.......well maybe not but I do hate winter, even more as I get older, no snow and only 34*f and I still hate it. Glad I saved the wsbk and Motogp seasons on the dvr......helps get me through.:thumb::D

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Its kind of like saying "you're dying the second you are born.":hmm:.......well maybe not but I do hate winter, even more as I get older, no snow and only 34*f and I still hate it. Glad I saved the wsbk and Motogp seasons on the dvr......helps get me through.:thumb::D
MMmmmhhh next summer here...new braided lines, TYRES of course can't wait, bit cool here at the moment and rain, but not as bad as UK (snow). Bring on the spring as the shortest day has gone for another year :thumb::D:D:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
no. that is not accurate unless your in the southern hemisphere. to this point the days have been getting progressively shorter and shorter. from today (dec 21st) till christmas eve are the shortest days of the year and are for all intents and purposes the same length. december 25th (christmas) is actually the first longer day of the cycle.
the days have been getting shorter yes, but the sun has also been setting later and later since early december

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
Not sayin nothin! ;)I'm happy with what I've got weather wise. :poke::thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:dance: Summer is getting a step closer.. It's the University Boat Race this weekend and that's one of my 'markers' for the forthcoming summer :D

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today is a beauty!
I know and there is no way I can get out of work early as my boss has been in hospital for the last week and probably about now is in theatre having her hip replacement done..

Mind you I shall thoroughly :evilaugh: enjoy the ride home from work later :thumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts