Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm going to do my first oil change next weekend. Does anyone know what size the sump plug crush washer is?

If I buy a few off Ebay will these be ok if they're the correct size?

My bike is a 2001 CBR 929RR.

It has just reached 5,000 miles and I want to replace the oil with something like Motul 300V 10w40.

I've bought a K&N oil filter KN-204. Was this a wise move?

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can any other 929 owners confirm if their's has an aluminium washer please?

Looking round the web most Hondas seem to have aluminium washers.
As this will be the bikes 1st oil change :eek: will I be able to use the existing washer if it's aluminium??

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
As this will be the bikes 1st oil change :eek: will I be able to use the existing washer if it's aluminium??
I always use a fresh one, not re-use the old one but as I mentioned earlier we use copper ones, not ali..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Lee. I've read a few recommendations from different forums for all sorts of bikes and it seems that copper ones need to be swapped every time but the aluminium are good for a couple of oil changes. If I can source an aluminium one this week I will swap it anyway.

I've found a PDF from this forum that says it's ok to reuse.

I always use a fresh one, not re-use the old one but as I mentioned earlier we use copper ones, not ali..

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The part number is 94109-12000

Appears to be aluminium. I'll call my local dealership and see if they have one in stock. I'd rather not have to redo the job for the sake of a couple of quid on a washer.

Thanks everyone for their feedback

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
they are ali in the uk, and you can use them a couple of times but for a few pence (cents) I would change it rather than risk a leak. they are the same a Kwak ZX6r and 9r iirc.

I think it was the 954 when I picked it up, having only 2 oil changes previously, had the sump plug done up so tight the washer was so flattened it would not easiely come off the plug!! Seriously over tightened!

Why dont filters come with the washer? BMW do....

·
Registered
240 Posts
After I was in the field and thought my drain plug was leaking a little (turns out I was wrong), I tightened mine up a bit more... and when I went to change the oil later, it wasn't easy to pull the crush washer off of the drain plug.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.