Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I looked and can't find this one so I am going to ask it!
Out of any firearms you own or have owned, what you would you say is your favourite? And why?
Mine has to be the Marlin model 39A lever action .22 rifle I got from my dad.
I have plinked, hunted, and used it for target work. I have had alot of more "interesting" firearms, but I really enjoy that one!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Breaking a semi-rigid personal rule here by posting in a firearm thread... :crap:

I own/have owned some "interesting" guns as well, but my favorites are not very distinquished either... :cool:

Rossi pump 22LR (Winchester clone) that I got when I was around 8 years old, but couldn't keep in my room til I was 10. This gun went with me everywhere as a kid, field, woods, school for show & tell... :evilaugh:
It survived a rough childhood, and a Kansas tornado, but still shoots beautifully, and I enjoy plinking with it to this day... :nod:

Remington Nylon 66 - (green one) This gun belonged to my grandfather, and survived some serious rough treatment including being run over by a pickup. Brings back some strong memories to handle this gun...

Remington Nylon 66 - (black/chrome one) This gun belonged to my grandmother, she bought it as a companion plinker to my grandfather's greenie. My grandmother was quite an athlete and outdoor fanatic...she could shoot the lights out... :thumb:

Savage(?) 22LR/410 over-under. This gun travelled many miles in the bottom of a canoe, and always came out firing. It was involved in a major ass-beating of all related parties, when an undisclosed sibling shot the window out of a farm truck in the junkyard... :rotfl: Whereabouts of this one are unknown today, it was confiscated and lost in the shuffle... :crap:

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
Oh boy.....guns! :sniper:

I have a favorite pistol and I have a favorite rifle:

1. My Ruger SP101 .357 has to be my favorite pistol.

2. My .22 Hornet is my favorite rifle. I once shot a Jack Rabbit at 100+ yards from left to right with NO lead time. Shot him right in the head. What a gun!

Honestly - I like ALL my guns. :eyebrows: They're even more likable when some liberal is ranting about a new gun law. That's when I go out a buy another one.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Breaking a semi-rigid personal rule here by posting in a firearm thread... :crap:

I own/have owned some "interesting" guns as well, but my favorites are not very distinquished either... :cool:

Rossi pump 22LR (Winchester clone) that I got when I was around 8 years old, but couldn't keep in my room til I was 10. This gun went with me everywhere as a kid, field, woods, school for show & tell... :evilaugh:
It survived a rough childhood, and a Kansas tornado, but still shoots beautifully, and I enjoy plinking with it to this day... :nod:

Remington Nylon 66 - (green one) This gun belonged to my grandfather, and survived some serious rough treatment including being run over by a pickup. Brings back some strong memories to handle this gun...

Remington Nylon 66 - (black/chrome one) This gun belonged to my grandmother, she bought it as a companion plinker to my grandfather's greenie. My grandmother was quite an athlete and outdoor fanatic...she could shoot the lights out... :thumb:

Savage(?) 22LR/410 over-under. This gun travelled many miles in the bottom of a canoe, and always came out firing. It was involved in a major ass-beating of all related parties, when an undisclosed sibling shot the window out of a farm truck in the junkyard... :rotfl: Whereabouts of this one are unknown today, it was confiscated and lost in the shuffle... :crap:
Ha ha, I've got a Nylon 66-(Plastic wood):rotfl:

I think my Favorite is my Model 77 Winchester 30-30 (Also voted most likely to turn your shoulder a into a nice shade of purple)
But my Yugoslavian made SKS w/ bayonett and grenade launcher is a close second.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Glock 19... Best disposable gun ever!

Reliable like a Honda, inexpensive and 9mm ammo is cheap.

My favorite gun I am hoping to inherit is a Winchester lever action 30-30 model 1894.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well, I have had the pleasure of firing lots of exciting weapons paid for with your tax dollars. Probably my favorite is tied between the M2 .50 cal or the Mk 19 Mod 3 Automatic Grenade Launcher.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That's like asking which car is best.

The only gun I have that has some sentimental value, is also among the cheapest (though I own one cheaper) a 10/22 Dad and I bought at a pawn shop on the way to the grandparent's ranch a long time ago. (back before gun owners were fingerprinted/registered like common criminals in Cali)

My 22/45 might be my favorite pistol to shoot, if cleaning the damned thing wasn't so utterly miserable and likely to draw blood.

My 9mm AR is probably my favorite gun to plink with...

The GF found her new favorite shooting yesterday, an M1 Carbine. (a gun I also really enjoy)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Another vote for the 10/22 as a plinker...pretty iconic firearm... :thumb:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Another vote for the 10/22 as a plinker...pretty iconic firearm... :thumb:
Thanks for breaking your rule, I enjoyed your posts.

My 10/22 went everywhere with me after we moved out into the country too; including many times strapped on to my back on my YZ 80, or on the back of our ATC110. It's probably got more than 10,000 rounds through it, and has been the tool for many a new shooter. Earned my rifleshooting merit badge with the best group in the troop with it too. ;)

When we first got it we still lived in the Bay Area so, it was only shot around the holidays or summers while up at the ranch...so this time of year, especially Thanksgiving day, is very equated with shooting.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Never really thought about it that way, but ditto on the holiday thing... :thumb:
As kids, I guess the association was made due to it being bird hunting season, and being an act of putting food on the table... :smilebig:

Later when we moved to town, that turned into holiday plinking I guess...I'm guessing you used to do the post-Halloween Punkin' shoot as well? :evilaugh:

If I recall correctly, I got my riflery merit badge with an old Montgomery Ward bolt action... :eyebrows:

Edit:
Laughing at the MC connection...I rode a few miles with a gun strapped to my back on a dirtbike (RM80) as well....but it was my buddy's...my folks determined that motorcycles were too dangerous for us kids...:rotfl: This notion that a kid was safe in the field all day with a gun, but not on an MC probably seems pretty funny by today's measure... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Edit:
Laughing at the MC connection...I rode a few miles with a gun strapped to my back on a dirtbike (RM80) as well....but it was my buddy's...my folks determined that motorcycles were too dangerous for us kids...:rotfl: This notion that a kid was safe in the field all day with a gun, but not on an MC probably seems pretty funny by today's measure... :rolleyes:
Amazing how movies and media warp people's senses isn't it?

The closest any of my group of friends ever got to getting hurt with a gun was probably from one of the crew's Ruger Single Six. (a gun most probably regard as being very "safe")

We used to practice twirling that stupid thing all the time. One day we were doing it in their backyard and he cocked and "dry fired" it into their spa...unfortunately he had missed a round unloading it and it went off. Luckily nobody was in the spa, and we found a perfectly preserved .22lr bullet at the bottom.

I got hurt more shooting bb-guns by ricochets than ever with a gun.

ALL of us ended up in the ER/urgent care at one time or another from dirt biking crashes.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Never really thought about it that way, but ditto on the holiday thing... :thumb:
As kids, I guess the association was made due to it being bird hunting season, and being an act of putting food on the table... :smilebig:

Later when we moved to town, that turned into holiday plinking I guess...I'm guessing you used to do the post-Halloween Punkin' shoot as well? :evilaugh:

If I recall correctly, I got my riflery merit badge with an old Montgomery Ward bolt action... :eyebrows:

Edit:
Thanks for bending your rules!
You guys reminded me of the excitement of the begining of bird season, and my responsibility to get the Thanksgiving pheasant. Man, I miss that!
Hunting in Fla is not the same.
I covered many miles on my '65 Honda 50 ( model 77?) with my Sheridan Blue streak pellet gun strapped to my back. I always wanted a faster bike and a cooler gun. Funny how that now that I have had those things I look back on those simple times with such fondness!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts