Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tinted shield for my suomy, but it's more brown than dark. I'm thinking of ordering the "Dark Smoke" shield from Kneedraggers, but wanted to know if anyone else here has it, or knows if it is the same one that I already have or not.

Thanks,

HD

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
from the pics it looks darker. just stay away from the mirror iridium one. I bought that and you can't even really wash it because the tint just comes off so I eventually just cleaned off all the tint and now have an iridium light smoke sheild. its pretty nice but not all that dark, it was really dark with the tint though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have the dark smoke and it pretty dark, but I'm in the Arizona sun during the trackdays.

See avatar! :D

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
CBR929RE said:
from the pics it looks darker. just stay away from the mirror iridium one. I bought that and you can't even really wash it because the tint just comes off so I eventually just cleaned off all the tint and now have an iridium light smoke sheild. its pretty nice but not all that dark, it was really dark with the tint though.
What do you use to clean it steel wool?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the Dark Smoke shield and tear offs from Kneedraggers. I really like that place. I know they are not a site sponser, but Conq, if you can get them on board, then I would do it from what I have seen.

The shield is backordered and I recieved a voice mail and an email from the sales dude. He offered me some options, and we traded some emails today.

GREAT SERVICE!!!!

HD

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
MrX954 said:
What do you use to clean it steel wool?
soft paper towel, water and as little pressure as possible. the tint comes off way too easy. A light smoke iridium shield is still pretty nice but I do wish it was darker. It almost seems like its a hi-def shield cause of the iridium. it doesn't have that rainbow iridium look for some reason like a plain iridium has, I wonder why that is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts