Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about everyone else, but I don't trust those Dunlop tires. With Disalvo's (170mph) crash earlier this week at Daytona tire test, I think that makes at least four Dunlop tire related crashes in 2003. Mat Mladin and a privateer crashed at Road Atlanta due to tire failure, and then Ben Spies in Oct at Daytona.

Are the new superbikes becoming too powerful for Dunlop to keep up with?

From what I read the tires just explode. If I was a racer, I would be concerned with the quality of Dunlop tires. I have never used Dunlop tires on any of my streetbikes.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yeah, its the power and the weight... The weight being the kicker...

I do gotta wonder though, will E boz have issues on michelins? He certainly didn't last week, but do they (michelin) even think there is a chance of it? Or are they on the leading edge of a pop too??

In Superbike all over the world, dunlop has had issues. The only recent michelin problem I can remember is in 2002 when rossi had a rear chunk on him...

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
ND4SPD said:
I favor Dunlop's for the street. I don't think we have anything like this to worry about under normal conditions.
I wouldn't think twice about using Dunlops. The tires that are failing aren't available to you and me and we aren't putting near the loads on tires that the AMA guys are.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
tigerblade said:
I wouldn't think twice about using Dunlops. The tires that are failing aren't available to you and me and we aren't putting near the loads on tires that the AMA guys are.
I'm sorry, did someone mention load?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts