Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What suspension changes are recomended from standard for 2005 cbr 1000rr for circuit racing???:huh:

It is my second season racing, first on Blade, i ride hard and low. Check gallery. Please help.

I am 1m 78cm tall and 88 kgs

·
Registered
61 Posts
What suspension changes are recomended from standard for 2005 cbr 1000rr for circuit racing???:huh:

It is my second season racing, first on Blade, i ride hard and low. Check gallery. Please help.

I am 1m 78cm tall and 88 kgs

I'll tell you some of what I did. I took my bike to racetech and they weighed me and measured me, and set my bike up based on that. I rode on that set up at a tire testing session and I didn't like it. Not based on the new tires we were testing, but on the tire compound that I normally race. So we made incremental adjustments from there to what it is now. It is important to note that you need to record every adjustment from zero/nuetral position. That way when you find the setting you like, you'll have it recorded and in the event you need to change it for say a wet race or something like that you'll know where to go on your settings............What feels comfortable to me will probably only work for one other racer in the world, you have to find the settings that your comfortable with.....Good luck:) .......ssl.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My suspension guy told me that the standard spings are too soft for the track.

You will definately have to get stiffer springs and get the forks re-valved.
As far as set-up goes every rider is different and after sag ext is set the rest is a bit of hit and miss.

Whatever set-up gives you confidence and gives you the best lap times for you ability is right. Most guys have to get even stiffer springs once they get their lap times down. A good suspension shop will set the bike up to suit you and your riding style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts