Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my forks back from Dk with a new spring 1.0 spring and revalve.I moved the preload and forgot how many turns.

Im 210 lbs with all my gear on. So how does 10 turn from full hard sound for this spring.Just till I can get someone to help with this sag setting

I almost forgot ...My bike is a 02 954

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
My bike's in hibernation so I can't check it, but I think 10 turns may be a tad too much for your weight. :idunno: You really need two friends to help you get your sag set properly.

edit: You've got a 1.0 spring...mine's .95 so I'm clueless. :D

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I think I'm correct here in thinking that the full 10 turns is max. Start at 8 for your weight and see where that gets you. Then you can move from there. I think 8 sounds good, but that also may be tight.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with 10 turns because I called dk back and spoke with one of the sales guys.He said for a base line he would go with 7 maybe a couple more for my weight.He was just a sales guy (all of the suspenion guys had gone home for the night).So I wanted to check with you guys

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Custom900 said:
I think I'm correct here in thinking that the full 10 turns is max. Start at 8 for your weight and see where that gets you. Then you can move from there. I think 8 sounds good, but that also may be tight.
I think its 14 or so turns

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just turn them both so that you get the correct sag, the number of turns really dosent matter if the forks were built properly. Just make sure both sides are equal.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CBRBob said:
Just turn them both so that you get the correct sag, the number of turns really dosent matter if the forks were built properly. Just make sure both sides are equal.
Im solo here, so I have to wait a few days.I just need to get something decent for this weekend .Its going to be 60 and I want to enjoy my fist ride.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I'm in the same dilemma right now, just having had mine resprung. Gonna try and get it set by suspension guys at a trackday. Or try and coerce some friends...
Good luck, you'll love the difference it's gonna make! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HondaGalToo said:
I'm in the same dilemma right now, just having had mine resprung. Gonna try and get it set by suspension guys at a trackday. Or try and coerce some friends...
Good luck, you'll love the difference it's gonna make! :thumb:
Is this for the ducati?or are you just making the blade a dedicated track bike?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
bjay51d said:
Is this for the ducati?or are you just making the blade a dedicated track bike?
Nope, the Blade. Dan did the springs and revalve a few years ago on my 929. I lost a significant amount of weight, so I sent them back to him to have lighter springs put in (and a servicing, oil change, etc.) So, now I need to get sag set again on the front. It still won't be a dedicated track bike, but will still see street duty, especially for long trips, as it's more *ahem* reliable than my 11 year old Ducati, and has the Ventura luggage on it.
I never bothered to respring the Duc, as the stock springs seem fine. I don't know what they are, but they seem to be heavier than stock Honda springs. I don't take the Duc on the track anymore, so it's not worth it to me to try and put a lot of money into suspension upgrades on it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Mojave954 said:
That is some serious spring for your weight. I had .9 put in and dropped from .95's which is what the owner before me had and he went a good 280 or better.
Than he was way under sprung.
I am 230 without gear and had 1.0 put in to get the right set-up.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mojave954 said:
That is some serious spring for your weight. I had .9 put in and dropped from .95's which is what the owner before me had and he went a good 280 or better.
How much do you weigh?I also thought that spring was abit much.I just knew they were gonna put in 95's .I told them the bike was for street duty.I just hope its not to much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts