Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to site..and fireblades... bought a 929 2001 model blade a few days ago and have noticed excessive vibration around the screen.. enough not to be able to use mirrors... is this normal??.. is it a suspension problem? or tyre problem?..

I've not played around with any settings yet as i don't want to make matters worse..

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... setup suspension as per honda website.. riding fine... over certain speeds though the wind force shakes the top screen... not known it before on any of my other bikes... top cowl just seems loose.. tightened everything and even checked the main bolt at the front of the fairing under the screen...but all ok..
Is it just a blade thing and i'm not used to it... is it me just being a numpty?? lol... probably..

Thanks again for reply

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well it doesn't happen on my Blade, but then I have a different model.

Maybe your 'certain speeds' are higher than mine though!?!?

Have you tried riding in to the wind and with the wind, to see if the speed at which it occurs changes? If it doesn't, then I would guess that it's not wind resistance causing the vibration.

Does it have a non-standard screen on it? If so and you have the original, might be worth swapping over to see if it makes any difference.

Other than that, I would also say check the tyre pressures (dunno if it will help but always worth checking).

Or it could be warped discs, or poor wheel balancing perhaps? (Warped discs being the worst case scenario, they could cause it to fail the MOT). Does it vibrate under braking? This can be a sign of warped discs, but I believe if they are only slightly warped you might not notice anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts