Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to upgrade the suspenion on my Seca II. My original plans were to buy a new bike come spring but after losing my job and a few other little money vaccums that have occured lately I have to keep my current ride for another season or 2. So an upgrade to the suspension is a definate for the spring. I dont want to drop tons of $$ but I have been looking at racetech .90 springs for the front and a progressive suspension 420 shock for the rear. At 220 my current suspension is old and just doesnt cut it anymore.

Anyone have any opinions about the racetech springs or progressive shock? Should .90's cut it or maybe .95's? Any opinions are welcome.

:cheers:
Tom

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Go on the racetech website and do the spring rate search for your bike.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
TGZ13 said:
Thanks for the obvious Stegen :thumb:
LOL....

Actually, I've ridden the Seca II a bit, and found it a pretty nice sleeper bike. I think you are on the right track with your plans for installing the correct springs.....great bang for the buck on that bike imho...
:thumb:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
ND4SPD said:
What do you think I should do with my portfolio for the coming quarter? What kind of earnings do you expect from the tech sector?
I see them doing very well. Watch out for smaller, less devoloped IT fields though, they wont do as strong. :smilebig:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Actually, I've ridden the Seca II a bit, and found it a pretty nice sleeper bike. I think you are on the right track with your plans for installing the correct springs.....great bang for the buck on that bike imho...
Thanks for agreeing that is not such a terrible bike. Granted its no supersport but it can be ridden extremely hard. And that is where the problem lies. Last yr I found myself starting to outride it going into corners, the suspension just couldnt hack it. While my plans were to save my taxes + some extra $$ and the sale of my trusty little seca to buy a nice 929 that just isnt going to happen anytime soon.

So I checked out the sites and about $800 gets me more then I need to upgrade so I can at least enjoy it for at least another season or 2.

In the plans are racetech springs (.90's or .95 since I am in the middle of what they recomend I have to decide which are best). Also a new rear shock (the only one I found for my bike in a reasonable price is the progressive suspensions 420 mono shock). And lastly some new ss liness and pads to help stop that poor little thing with my FaT A$$ on it.

Hopefully the job search goes better in 04 and I can get back to work and get my 929 sometime before I need a cane!!

:cheers2:
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts