Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
On the same site as listed before there are some suggested settings as well, try these out and see if you like them. I used them on my 929 and then took it to the track. There was a suspension guy there and I paid him to set it for my weight, he only had to change the rear just a hair to match my weight, so these are a really good starting point.

Sport Bike Motorcycle Suspension Settings - Sportbike Review - Sport Rider

·
Registered
857 Posts
Set the sag (pre-load) to your wieght. In your manual it should say how many millimeters it should be. Then set the compression and rebound to the riding conditions. Start at the stock settings that are in the manual and go from there. It took me about 2 weeks of riding back and forth to work before I got the dampening just right. Or you can take it to your local shop and they should be able to set it up for you for around $40 or so I was told. You most likely will still have to play with the dampening a little after the shop sets it up to make it to your liking. Not everybody rides the same so the dampening set-up could be totally different on the same exact model of bike with riders wieghing the same. The pre-load should be the same because that has to do with the wieght that is initially put on the suspension when you sit on it. Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong as I don't want to give out false info and would like to know the right way if I'm doing/understanding something wrong.

Disclaimer: Becareful as an improperly set-up suspension can be VERY dangerous.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went to my local suspenion expert and let him set it up. $45 well spent. I would like to learn how to do it myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts