Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread somewhere a couple of years ago when somebody listed the so called sweet numbers for a Blade - as used by Computrack or whoever.
Basics would be fork rake, trail, swing arm inclination, static and loaded sags both ends etc.
I'm playing with setting up a friend's RC 51 and was wondering if anybody might have them to hand.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I doubt the numbers would be the same between the Blade and the RC51, as they have substantially different wheelbase, COG, swingarm length, swingarm pivot height, weight bias, curb weight etc.  

Dan Kyle has the numbers for both and I believe the thread you are referring to is from Mixer's ill advice on chassis setup over on Motorush.

·
Registered
84 Posts
cant find the thread on motorush, says mixer isnt a username there...

can someone post a link?

thx

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I think that dialog was 'expunged' as it got pretty heated and even LDH decided to post a shot or two . . . I should have copied it, because at over 14 pages long, it was a classic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just reviving this thread...

I dont feel like bothering dan so if anyone happens to have those numbers for the 954 please post up.

My ohlins shock is arriving soon and my forks will be sent out to dan by the end of the month so i wont to set everything up including ride height before the season starts.

thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts