Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a rear wheel stand for my 01 929. I've always thought that the rear swingarm was offset, but when I attempted to place my order for the Handy Industries CBR specific stand, the order taker advised me to measure the offset to be sure. I did so and found NO OFFSET. Anyone else experience this?? Why wouldn't it be offset? I measured 11" exactly from ground to swingarm on both sides.

Does this mean I've been misled by all of the stand vendors?? Any good value brands besides tried and true Handy?? Thanx for the input.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I've never measured, but I can tell you that my rear stand has no offset, that is to say they are even, and the bike leans juuuuuusssst barely to the right. Not a big deal for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
NinerPilot said:
You cannot beat Pit-bull stands.
You're absolutely right. The only problem is I don't feel like dropping that kind of cash for a stand. Handy makes a great rear stand for $87. It's made specifically for the 929's offset (in theory).

I'm just trying to figure out why it's said that ALL 929's are offset b/c mine doesn't appear to be. I'm sure I would've noticed a difference of .6"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts