Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 1997 919 an i want to do a rebuild with a newer front end, a swingarm swap and later on some upgrades for a bit more power. I already know that I want to go for a 2005 1000 rr front end with a 929/954 triple tree, but I'm not quite sure about the swingarm.
I'm doubting between a vfr sssa and a rsv swingarm. My main concern is the wheelbase, the vfr will make that longer and I'm not sure about the rsv's. I want to take this bike to the track with my R6, so handeling must be in order, it's not a show bike (although I love the looks of the sssa to be complete honest).
Thanks in advance for welcoming me on this forum, I cant wait to get started with the build!

Pascal

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As an addition to the question above: what will a swingarm swap do in terms of weight? Is a vfr or rsv swingarm heavier or lighter than the stock swingarm? And by how much?
I looked all over but couldn't find this info, I think it would be nice if all the options and their (dis)advantages are in one thread for the future builders!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts