Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got 3 Sylvania Silverstar H7 ST's for my 929, and the spacing between the 2 connectors on the bulb is too narrow to fit in the plug on the bike. Didn't seem to find the answer by doing a search on here so I figured I'd give this a shot. Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just went through this today. Picked up a set of H7 PIAAs, returned them, browsed fireblades.org, went back and bought them again. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pulski said:
I just went through this today. Picked up a set of H7 PIAAs, returned them, browsed fireblades.org, went back and bought them again. :)
I run the sylvania silverstars and they are great! :thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got them at AutoZone. They even had the H7 motorcycle specific ones that are supposed to handle vibration better.

Yes they are noticebly brighter, and give that blue light look. The edges of the light are now very defined rather than the soft fuz of the Honda bulbs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Silverstars are awesome!

I bought some H4's for my 900RR and the tabs were too close together too. That was weird because the lens said they they were H4 bulbs and the packed said H4.

There was no adapter on my old bulbs. All I did to fix it was to dremel off the two bottom tabs. Worked a treat.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I got them at AutoZone. They even had the H7 motorcycle specific ones that are supposed to handle vibration better.

Yes they are noticebly brighter, and give that blue light look. The edges of the light are now very defined rather than the soft fuz of the Honda bulbs.

they have motorycle specific ones? never seen them.

anyone know how much brighter the new Silverstar Ultras are compared ot the regular Silverstars?

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Sure thing:

GE NIGHTHAWK automotive bulbs : GE Consumer & Industrial Lighting: Products

Depending on the vehicle/reflector type these actually do have more useable light output. They were 20$ at walmart compared to 40$ for the SStars...so I never really looked at em. Then when the SStars went dim (pop) I did some searching and found out the NightHawks weren't too bad.

Thing that pissed me off most about the SStars is that I'm pretty dorky about making sure I dont get any oils on them or anything when I installed them...and to have them both fail in that short of timeframe = grr.
I still have them and I am going to write a letter to them, someday :rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
No those capsule ones arent the right kind. They are missing the 3 prong socket on the bottom.

Here's a link to a pic from EBAY for as long as it lasts.

http://i3.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/df/74/4b_2.JPG

The standard ones are listed as H7 ST(standard)

I believe the motorcycle specific ones are the H7 M and I believe it says for motorcycles right on the package.

Somestrangeguy:
I believe the standard ones are more suseptable to engine vibration than the M version which may be why your burnt out so fast. I've had mine for over a year on my CBR, and for several years on my VFR with no problems.

I think I got mine for $19 at autozone.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know this is the fireblade forum and us lil wee 600 guys arent usually welcome but does anybody happen to know what kind of bulb would fit an F1? if possible I want to try and get some halogen headlights in this year cuz the OEM yellow ones are no good for going any faster the parking lot speeds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts