Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im new here, but i was woundering, i ride an 01 honda 600 f4i. i wanna change the oil. some people are telling me do not run synthetic oil. some say it doesnt matter just dont go back to regular oil. is Synthetic oil ok????

-thanks for reading this an answering my question
vince

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
ok, im new here, but i was woundering, i ride an 01 honda 600 f4i. i wanna change the oil. some people are telling me do not run synthetic oil. some say it doesnt matter just dont go back to regular oil. is Synthetic oil ok????

-thanks for reading this an answering my question
vince
It's entirely up to you which oil you use and there is no problem mixing synthetic with organic.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I've only used it for the past 15 years in ever bike I have ever owned(many) that ran perfect. Oh and in my trucks too.
The only problems I can recall with full-synthetic oils were clutch problems so running it in an engine with a dry clutch isn't going to cause any problem at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any synthetic Morocycle grade oil should work well with a wet clutch. actually, one of the more popular oils to use here in the states is Shell Rotella Syntheti Diesel oil, as it doesn't have the additives that can cause cycle clutch slippage, that are foundin most 'car oils'.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I've used Castrol ActEvo (Semi synth) in my previous bike and the CBR, never a complaint, holds up very well, especially in the, previous, air cooled bike, here in Florida's heat.
Air-cooled?
What bike was it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.