Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I use the convential Suzuki 10W-40 oil and a Honda oil filter. My local dealer says the convential Suzuki oil is just as good as the Honda stuff, only much cheaper.

But is synthetic oil a better idea with bikes now daily reving up to 14,000 RPM, in 80 to 90 degree summer weather and city driving stop-and-go ?

What is your opinion? Is it worth the extra, and which is a good kind to buy? Thanks for helping me out.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I am not expert but I have been following the rule that a Mechanic/Racer friend gave me.

Use Mineral Oil until the engine is well and truelly broken in (He said about 24,000km Fifth scheduled service) or (15,000 Miles for all you Imperials)

From what I understand the mineral oil has more friction and helps everything embed it self better, with Synthetic there is not as much so this process may not happen as well.

I also do not practice the baby break-in therory, I break it in like I use it. So initially I change the oil more often just to be safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't rev it to 14k, I was just using it as an example. Anyone else have an opinion on synthetic or 'dinosaur' oil ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts