Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't own any PC games but am interested in getting Call of Duty 2 after watching some kids playing it yesterday at Best Buy. Since I don't own a PS2, XBox etc., I'll need to get the computer version. I read the minimum system requirements on the box but am unsure if my computer is up to the task.

How do I tell which video card I have in my computer? I currently have a P4 2.8 with 768 mb RAM.

I must be one of the few people in the world who doesn't own 1 game. :O

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
If it looks like its made in to the motherboard then you'll probably need a little better one. Also the device manager should tell you. Right click my computer...then properties.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
If you want to play the latest First Person Shooter games, like Battle Field 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3 or Farcry, I would suggest you get atleast an Nvidia 6800, or ATI 9800. and the 256MB helps as well.

I have the 6800 256 in my notebook and it works good on all the games above at max resolution. No you can play these with the Older card at lower resolutions as well, my friend has a Nvidia 6600 128 and can play both Half Life and Battle Field 2 (BF2) but only at 1024x768 (SVGA).

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
COD was the first computer "shooter" I ever bought. Super fun. :thumb: The computer I played that game on was very antiquated (as in P2 450 MHz) and seemed to work fine.

A faster computer is better, but I say pick it up and try it. If you have to upgrade your machine, you'll find out quick enough. I bought Far Cry, and it wouldn't work on the old one...so I built a whole new machine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Skully,

If your not a computer smart guy and still don't know what video card you have post what type and number your computer is and we can look it up for you.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The onlly thing I could find following the directions from OSIRIS was: Pentium 828265G Graphics controller.

I have a Dell dimension 4600 which is stock except for the 512 mb of ram I added.

I think I'll just by the original box set of COD which has 2 games for $39 and like LTL said, see how it works.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Dude you're better off just buying a console. If you try and keep your computer hardware up to date with the games you'll get sucked into a swirling vortex of poverty. The last game I played on my 1800AMD with 128mb ATi was Half-Life 2... and even then I had to turn a bunch of the features off.

PS2's are cheap and plentiful.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
goto start, run, and tyoe in dxdiag in the box.

it will then bring up a screen that will have several tabs across the top. select dispay and it will tell you what you have.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
Dude you're better off just buying a console. If you try and keep your computer hardware up to date with the games you'll get sucked into a swirling vortex of poverty.
PS2's are cheap and plentiful.
:wstupid:

I never have to worry about if I need to upgrade to play a new game on my PS2, as much as I want to play BF2, upgrading my pc is far down on my list

1 - 11 of 11 Posts