Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
so if you crash, and your bike is moving forward, those look like they will catch and just bend over into the plastic. i'd love to see how they actually protect a bike (not yours of course, keep the shiny side up!) in a crash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I realize that there are many riders out there that are not fans of no-cut frame sliders (and there are precious few made for the 09 model CBR 600RR). For anyone that is, T-Rex is selling some for $99.99. Here is the link to the page: 0912 TRex Honda CBR 600RR CBR600RR Frame Sliders (0912 TRex Honda CBR 600RR CBR600RR Frame Sliders)
The page states that these will fit the 2009-2011 CBR’s. I do not own these (I purchased the 2009 CBR600RR Shogun Crash Kit from SuperbikeStore.net) so I do not have firsthand knowledge if these are worth purchasing or not. I did notice in the description that they state they are made from “UHMW-PE (ultra high molecular weight polyethylene)” (plastic) instead of actual Delrin or Nylon. I am not familiar with UHMW-PE, but it appears to be of similar composition to Delrin or Nylon.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just install these on my 15 Krr along with the case sliders. These look good as well as functionality. The best protection thus far....:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just a little tip........You cant say "what a great product" if you havent actually put the to product to the test they were intended for........I just saying.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Just a little tip........You cant say "what a great product" if you havent actually put the to product to the test they were intended for........I just saying.
If that's your opinion I'm going to try to continue to not properly evaluate my sliders. :smilebig: I'm also going to try to continue to not properly evaluate my helmet, jacket, gloves and boots.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've crash tested the T-Rex no-cut frame sliders for my 06 1000RR.

The result: I've got no frame damage. Bodywork is another question entirely, but what can you expect when you highside and then go sliding.

The Slider bracket needed replacement which T-Rex sent me for free. Unfortunately, they ceased production on the model slider I purchased. If something were to happen to these then I'll likely go to another brand for product longevity reasons.

They also needed to send me a different bolt for the right side as the bodywork didn't fit correctly- missed their product development teams' QA process.

Customer service was top-notch though and in my book that means they are on my list for other products to purchase from them. I'm still using the T-Rex front and rear stands I bought from them about 12 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts