Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just replaced the stock guage face with a white one from Mototek. I put it all back together, being anal about it all and taking my time. I plug it in, fire the 929 up, and everything is fine except the tach does not register the RPMs. WTF?

Any suggestions?

The 929 has been in the garage, not running for awhile, except for the occasional start up.

I have a second guage cluster that was purchased for me (long story), and that was the one that was on the bike when just starting it up. I just figured that this one had a faulty Tach. The one with the Mototek face worked last year, so I thought "no worries."

Damn. :idunno:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I'm presently waiting for a new computer (warranty) for my 954 cause my tacho is not working

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Do you have a signal from the computer to the tacho, if you do and the signal is getting to the gauge cluster, the tacho is the problem

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ratter said:
Do you have a signal from the computer to the tacho, if you do and the signal is getting to the gauge cluster, the tacho is the problem

I know that my guage cluster works(I have lights, milage, etc), and the bike starts and runs, but I have no way of finding out if the tach is bad or like the manual says, the ECU is bad.

I also don't have the special tool that the manual says to figure it out and I don't want to pay $60 an hour for the Honda tech to tell me something simple.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Some one here with a manual here may be able to help with the voltages, but all you should need is a multimeter to check the voltage at the tacho signal wire at the connector terminal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts