Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
CBR629 : How hard is it to put on? Anyone has one?
Please be more specific, as there are several available.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I made one myslef for about $.59 and it wasn't hard at all.

Unbolting the stock mudgaurd is very easy. I then pulled off the tag light (it's on a couple of 'extenders') and mounted it where the reflector was. Then, I bought a pice of sheet metal from home despot, drew and outline of the plate on it and an outline of the plastic mounting point, cut it out, bent it, used the light's bolts to secure it and was done.

For good measure, I switched out to smaller turn signals, too. The entire project took two beers (two hours).

·
Registered
548 Posts
eeeeek : I made one myslef for about $.59 and it wasn't hard at all.

Unbolting the stock mudgaurd is very easy.  I then pulled off the tag light (it's on a couple of 'extenders') and mounted it where the reflector was.  Then, I bought a pice of sheet metal from home despot, drew and outline of the plate on it and an outline of the plastic mounting point, cut it out, bent it, used the light's bolts to secure it and was done.

For good measure, I switched out to smaller turn signals, too.  The entire project took two beers (two hours).
I did the same thing except I spent like $4.00 on a peice of aluminum.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
OK, since the thread is taking that tack... mine cost $0. I took the air brake off, drilled two holes in the undertail, oh, about half-way between the blinkers and the undertail hugger-dent, bent the top of the plate slightly, and used two nuts/bolts (free) to attach the plate. Voila.

·
Registered
10 Posts
with mine i spent the money on the turn signal intergrator kit

but harness didnt work with the LEDs so i sent it in to MD Wright. I dont feel confident in my electrical wiring skills. The also sent me a plate Relocator as well

So for about $130, i got my turn signals intergrated into my brake light and a plate reloction kit.

compared to some of the prices for plate relocation kits i have seen, i thought that was a pretty good deal.

Tail of my bike looks clean and pretty

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine cost 0$. I took the snowplow off, romoved the license plate bracket, cut the tabs with the threaded stock off of the bracket leaving a straight strip of metal with the mounting eyes for the plate. Then I took the red rectangle reflector and placed the bracket behind it and tightened it down. Mounted the plate and it sits at a slight angle, and no reflector visible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts