Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figure out why i have no daytime tail light. when i apply the brake it lights up though.

i took the seat off to notice that there is 2 wires coming from the rear lights wiring section that are not connected.

one wire is: brown
the other green and has a connector on the end.

ideas?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so im an idiot...these wires are for the license plate light. However, i have no rear daytime running light but when i apply the brakes it lights up...assistance please folks..pleeeease!!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok so im an idiot...these wires are for the license plate light. However, i have no rear daytime running light but when i apply the brakes it lights up...assistance please folks..pleeeease!!

I've never seen a "running light" so I'm guessing you mean the tail lights that are on when your headlights are on?
Have the bulbs got dual filaments?
Have you got voltage at the tail light connectors?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats correct.
The bulbs are a dual filament bulb..i might just start by buying 2 new bulbs and go from there. I dont know which wire to test as i dont know which ones for the "constant on" tail lught...but the brake light works just fine.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found out im an idiot..again..turns out both the bulbs had bad filaments..$4.19 fix.
Yay!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts