Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, had my bike a while now....and found a gal that is very much in love with sitting on the back. My problem is there is not a seat there, the guy I got the bike from removed the seat and tried to make his own kind of cowl thing...? Yeah, its pretty bad. Anyways have been reading a lot of tail swaps and such and was hoping to get advice bc I have a new subframe seat brackets for seat. Just need couple little parts to get the plastics to hold to the subframe.

Is the tail swap worth it, are they any good if you have a frequent rider on the back? Or should I just pick up the parts for the standard seat?

Thank yall

·
Registered
244 Posts
Alright guys, had my bike a while now....and found a gal that is very much in love with sitting on the back. My problem is there is not a seat there, the guy I got the bike from removed the seat and tried to make his own kind of cowl thing...? Yeah, its pretty bad. Anyways have been reading a lot of tail swaps and such and was hoping to get advice bc I have a new subframe seat brackets for seat. Just need couple little parts to get the plastics to hold to the subframe.

Is the tail swap worth it, are they any good if you have a frequent rider on the back? Or should I just pick up the parts for the standard seat?

Thank yall
long as you have accsess to a welder an what not, and are fairly good with math it shoulnt be to hard. heres a lil sumthin i found awhile back on the tail swap 04 CBR 954 Streetfighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you want to go two-up then for safety's sake stick with original or a close variation in that theme. Allowed is also a whole different rear frame if attached securely.

A two person frame carries double the weight and also both more weight and more twisting forces due to the passenger sitting further from the mounting point (fulcrum) so it needs to be strong.

You haven't actually mentioned what bike you ride.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tweezys got it right, i actually noticed I had way more parts for the tail then I thought. Came across a deal a while back on a parts bike thats why Im just going to use the subframe etc from the 99. Just have to get a taillight and a few bolts. Have been looking for either an undertail with built in lights or just light. I assume I will have to have the taillight stay etc. Ive only found a few diagrams and they are good on some shots and not so good on other.

Thank yall

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hoping this bump will get me a couple answers haha
just got a taillight (aftermarket) and the stay that I need to hold it to the bike. Now here comes my...maybe stupid..? question. Does anyone have a couple pics of how the taillight and stay mount to the back of the bike? I have been looking for a few days now, and no real answers. All the diagrams I have seen dont show the taillight or how the stay mounts to the subframe.

any help would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts