Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... so for the 01 929 currently it has a dampener and a 2brothers slip on. Goes in soon for Racetec fork job and Elka rear shock.

i FINALLY found a site that offers a full Akra system in either evo or race for my bike. plus they sell the PCIII for an extra $269. I think IF i buy this ill go race because the evo is like $350 more and not a ton more weight savings.

what do you all think? the bike is a KEEPER so thats why im considering sinking this kind of cash in a 12 year old bike. its mint with 20k EASY miles.

thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had two bikes with full akra (07 zx and my 08 blade) and can tell you, no other system short of the Leo Vince corse comes close!

It's not just peak power, but incredible smoothness that makes akra worthe the money. I've had ~12 bikes, and 6-7 have had slip ons or two bros/yoshi "full exhaust" and I will tell you that they cannot compete.

If this is only a street bike, and you are happy with 95%, then just skip the <$1500 for the full system. If you're one of those guys that wants it perfect/the absolute best- there is no better system on the market. IMHO

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well when i called the exhaust is sold out of course... so now im back to square one... sucks. idk what im going to do. you can not find full systems for this bike anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keep looking and dont think about all the great things I said about it.

Truth is, older bikes were a lot less restricted, so full systems werent quite as beneficial. A fuel injection module and a downloadable map is probably your best bet if you're keeping the slip on. Don't get suckered into a "dyno tune" unless you know the shop very very well. A lot of tuners will do 100% throttle runs and leave out all the important stuff at partial throttle points. Without a major change I'd either leave it without a pc/bazzaz, or stick with a download map.

Suspension will be the most noticeable, and likely, the most valuable (in terms of rideability).

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Since this will likely be a street ridden bike, do some research on which one you think sounds the best, and pick that one up. I know how you feel on not being able to find too many full systems for your bike, try finding a new full system for an RC51. Can be found on fleabay, but not often new. I am still trying to figure out if what it has on it is a full system or just slip-ons..... Either way, 2 bros carbon cans (2 of em), and they sound great. Not sure if I will switch it out, but ladybirds are tempting, though kinda loud for my taste.... we'll see.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the advice guys. im gonna keep looking for an exhaust but i doubt i will find anything. thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts