Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the stealer today to get my 51 inspected, and lo and behold they had a shiny new silver VFR on the floor. I need a 2nd bike for doing the daily like commuting etc. The said 2nd bike would have to pull some twisty duty as well. I had planned on getting this new 1k but the more I think about it, the more I'm like what do I need a 2nd rocket for? I've already got one bike that rips ass and is for twisty duty 100%. Having a commuter/tourer sounds more practical and the biggest thing would be the insurance, 800CC is cheaper than 1000cc since my insurance rates by displacement. I rode the VTEC not too long ago and the engine was smooth, tranny was good, suspension was good as well but after being on literbikes, the power was a little less than I want. I really wish they would have made that thing with a few new ponies. Anyone with multiple bikes have any good words? I'm in the middle on this.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought about that too.  It would leave me $ for a Erion Full System (only one I know of that I can still get), ohlins rear, and some fork revalving.  Damn do I hate buying used chit though.

Edit: and damnit it's still slow.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
What's wrong with you? Are you a moron?
You should be getting the new R1. Nothing else matters. The new R1 will do everything there is to do, and do it perfect! Hell, it will even suck your cack!
If you buy anything other than the new R1 your life will be meaningless.
Come on people, join with me: New R1! New R1!.

Oh, just a poll..........say you suddenly had a money windfall. What bike would you buy next year?
A new R1, of course. You idiots.

Truth be told, the VFR would be an excellent choice. But so would a XX or an ST.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taz and his BDA, as long as I don't start 20 threads on this vs. that I think I'll be alright. And I'm actually ready to buy something if I can decide.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get the Beemer, it's more er um I mean more . Hehe, hey Booth, having 2 bikes dedicated to do specific things is the way to go. If you have the means, it's well worth it. I think the current VFR is pretty sweet lookin and an all around great bike, doubt you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
NinerPilot : Try a Futura....  It has more balls than a VFR and is super comfy.
Chris
...or an FJR. Slightly used they're less than well-priced new VFRs.

My best friend rode my FJR yesterday. He's in surgery now.

...they're gonna have a hard time removing that grin off his face

·
Registered
379 Posts
flame suit on

If you buy the VFR you will get all kinds of cool stuff in return. Like the senior discount on Depends, a discount at buffets, the movies, all kinds of places.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
half : flame suit on

If you buy the VFR you will get all kinds of cool stuff in return. Like the senior discount on Depends, a discount at buffets, the movies, all kinds of places.  
Yup, knew that was coming, CBR1k, does that sound better to ya then?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BizJetGuy : I could understand if you lived somewhere with tons of twisties... but you don't  

Save it for when you get outta Dodge and live somewhere with more than a couple fun roads
Bastard! Umm, the roads are good but not great, there are miles of them and they are 10 minutes away thank you very much At least I have a phucking bike

·
Registered
925 Posts
OSIRIS : While maybe not as cool as the VFR you can get 03 XXs around here for 9K
Ummmmm-the XX stomps ASS all over the VFR is every single way---and it would provide the extra grunt that you are looking for...my O2

1 - 20 of 41 Posts