Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
They're definitely making great progress. Tamada is no dope either, don't know if you saw him as a wild card in WSB on an SP-2 at Sugo a couple of years ago - he was pulling incredible angles of lean and really flying.
I think the Bridgestones have also had a lot to do with the very strong performances from Kenny Roberts 3 cylinder two stroke in the latter part of last year and until last week...

·
Registered
82 Posts
He is quick. So is his brother, who I talked to and told me they got into bikes, and started riding in junior high school because their grandfather was a motorcycle cop......watching him go from 8th to 4th on the last 3 laps was awesome

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I always liked the guy...

Seeing the Cabin Sp2 lap sugo and smoke some duc A$$ was always a nice sight. Edwards did beat him once last year though and got second to him in the other race. He's got the skills and now he is getting the world track experience...

I think now that GPs are big liter 4 strokes, it'll be easier for SBK guys to make the transition unlike the transition from SBK to a 2 stroke Gp bike in the past...

My kato rest in peace, I think tamada will be the next japanaese champion...

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's cool to see the young guns battling it out. Kiyonari after taking the 600 championship got the bump to the Fireblade for a few races before the sudden GP ride, obviously earlier than planned. I heard HRC doesn't want another case of young riders waiting around for the older guys to fade away..which is what happened to Kato. Japanese riders did great at Mugello, and are looking good for Catalunya too. Ukawa must be freaking out with these new guys rollin' on by his azz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts