Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
moomoo said:
Looking for a Tank Bra (2003/954). Any Recommendations? Comments? Reviews?
Stay away from Lockhart, they are cheap and the mounting plastics break too easy. I do have a Targa tank bra that has nice strong mounting clips but have opted for a more cleaner look with a full carbon tank pad from Geelong Carbon Craft.

Added the last picture with the Targa tank pad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
booth23 said:
Get a tankslapper, and close this thread :smilebig:
Thanks for your replies to this post. Boothe, I noticed you have 1675 posts or replys to date. When do you possibly find time time to ride?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
moomoo said:
Thanks for your replies to this post. Boothe, I noticed you have 1675 posts or replys to date. When do you possibly find time time to ride?
Look at the join date my man ;) Got to have something to do at work :smilebig:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
MooMoo, The reason Booth was so short with you is because we've been around this subject before and it seems that people who remove their tank bras usually find spots of warn off paint. The tankslapper is a clear static plastic that is virtually invisible when installed properly. Mine was on for over a year through rain and leg squeezing abuse with no problem what so ever. And the tankslapper will never scratch the paint as long as it is clean before the install.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i for one did not like the tank slapper for the 929, it came off several times, it was not clear (some off clear color)

HOWEVER, I recently put the one i had leftover for the 929 on another japanese bike and it was great. used it at the track, slid all over it and it stayed put.

BTW - i used the LP for my 929 and loved it

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
nedro said:
MooMoo, The reason Booth was so short with you is because we've been around this subject before and it seems that people who remove their tank bras usually find spots of warn off paint.
Really?... I've had a tank bra on several bikes ('93 F2, '95 RR, '99 XX & '03 RR) and never encountered this problem. Guess I've been lucky. :idunno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cbr99xx said:
Really?... I've had a tank bra on several bikes ('93 F2, '95 RR, '99 XX & '03 RR) and never encountered this problem. Guess I've been lucky. :idunno:
Well, I went with the Tank Slapper (the regular version, not 3M). I found it real easy to put on. And I am the worst sticker slapper in the world. Rode over 1000 miles this weekend in the NC twisties and it worked great. No rolling, no pulls. The sqeege is the ticket. And time will tell.

Again, thanks for the input. Sorry this seems to be an old subject, but I am a new 954 owner.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
bubba said:
i for one did not like the tank slapper for the 929, it came off several times, it was not clear (some off clear color)

HOWEVER, I recently put the one i had leftover for the 929 on another japanese bike and it was great. used it at the track, slid all over it and it stayed put.

BTW - i used the LP for my 929 and loved it
my 929 came with a LP tank bra on it and it was the first thing I took off. still have it if anyone wants it. my tank slappers are great, haven't moved at all since I put them on. they took a little work to get all of it down but I think it was worth it. It might be me but the 1 inch above the seat that they recommend for the middle piece is a bit low so I'm gonna take it off sometime and move it up some. Could be cause I'm short and have to lean on the tank a little anyway when riding as straight up as I can (short arm disease)

:welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 954 had a Lockhart on it when I bought it. Its still on, looks good and fits great. Not moved a fraction in 6 months. No problems with it at all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Beesa said:
My 954 had a Lockhart on it when I bought it. Its still on, looks good and fits great. Not moved a fraction in 6 months. No problems with it at all.
tank bras are so 1980's :evilaugh: :beatup:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Or get a MagKnight and it goes on in 2sec and comes off if you want as well. I used a tankslapper on my 929 track bike and one side came off in 2 days. The other side looked ok but the center started to peel. I would say get the 3M version if you want to go with a slapper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts