Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the tank off an 07 CBR 1000?
Im doing a service and installing a PCV and I can see how to disconnect the fuel line without braking it? :crying:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to remove the tank off an 07 CBR 1000?
Im doing a service and installing a PCV and I can see how to disconnect the fuel line without braking it? :crying:

Do you mean you can't undo the bolts?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update! I rooted it! I didn't no it was sealed on there and it tore, so now my stupid hose has to be cut and resealed, has u got an idea on what sealant will work? The **** that on here is red like lock tight, but I tried that and it leaked :(

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Update! I rooted it! I didn't no it was sealed on there and it tore, so now my stupid hose has to be cut and resealed, has u got an idea on what sealant will work? The **** that on here is red like lock tight, but I tried that and it leaked :(

I don't understand what you're doing.
The fuel line has a banjo fitting at each end, just remove one of the bolts.
The fuel line is high-pressure - if it's damaged you will need to replace it.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I understand that now, however 2 hours ago I was unaware of this so I F'D the line. Was hoping to reseal but I guess new one is all I can do F!!!!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Yea I understand that now, however 2 hours ago I was unaware of this so I F'D the line. Was hoping to reseal but I guess new one is all I can do F!!!!!

Maybe invest in a manual for next time you're working on the bike.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Are you saying that instead of putting a wrench on the fitting, - you somehow wrestled the rubber line off the banjo fitting?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
YES!! Jondog that's what happened! Now how do I reseal this thing or is my only option a new one?

It has to hold about double the pressure in your tyres - I don't see any cost-effective way to repair it.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Honestly, that's such a big mistake I don't think your should work on any bike.
Yes, I'm (rarely) a dick here, consider it a dose of tough love.
Save yourself money and frustration and a few F-bombs, and either have a mate help you next time or take it to a shop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly, that's such a big mistake I don't think your should work on any bike.
Yes, I'm (rarely) a dick here, consider it a dose of tough love.
Save yourself money and frustration and a few F-bombs, and either have a mate help you next time or take it to a shop.
WHAT? not a big mistake there is a hose connected to a pump and the lines have clips on them how would anyone new to honda no that Honda decided to superglue it's hoses??!! Honestly I went to multiple bike shops and a place who deals with hoses and rubber and spare parts shops and all said WTF IS THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE? So next time I'll undo the bolt instead of trying to take the rubber line of like Ya would on ANY OTHER APPLICATION!!!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Sometimes learning costs $, this time $56.02, don't forget to order the 2 crush washers. download the manual...

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
WHAT? not a big mistake there is a hose connected to a pump and the lines have clips on them how would anyone new to honda no that Honda decided to superglue it's hoses??!! Honestly I went to multiple bike shops and a place who deals with hoses and rubber and spare parts shops and all said WTF IS THAT I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE? So next time I'll undo the bolt instead of trying to take the rubber line of like Ya would on ANY OTHER APPLICATION!!!

All modern FI bikes use high-pressure hose.
But the basic rule if you aren't experienced with something - READ THE MANUAL FIRST ;-)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts