Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do most of you guys take your tank stickers off? or do you leave them on? I took mine off day one. But I see people with like '95's, and the stickers are still there. also...how about the swing arm stickers? same thing...

·
Registered
343 Posts
took them all of except for the vin# sticker on the frame... Just In Case

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i will remove all tank and swingarm stickers immediately to prevent uneven fading of paint and becuz the sooner you remove them the esaier it is to remove them and then i re-apply them in the trunk for the next owner. just in case.

·
Registered
91 Posts
all gone

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
There's stickers on our tank?

·
Registered
759 Posts
nokwitter : I thought the decal on the tank was clear coated and couldn't be removed. Guess I should've tried anyway.
The sticker itself has a clear coating but it comes off. The wings on the side of the tank are under the clearcoat.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Kept only the VIN sticker on

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Skully : Quote (nokwitter @ May 17 2003, 8:05pm)I thought the decal on the tank was clear coated and couldn't be removed. Guess I should've tried anyway.
The sticker itself has a clear coating but it comes off.  The wings on the side of the tank are under the clearcoat.
Unless Skully, you buy the new 600RR. Plastic tank, no clearcoat over the Honda wing logos.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Baketech : There's stickers on our tank?
There's a fuel sticker with warnings on the dangers of unauthorized fuels and such(I think). Anyway, it's on the top of the fuel tank, between the gas cap and the front tank bolts.

Or were you just kidding?

I just removed the fuel sticker on the tank, and the two stickers on the left side of the swingarm earlier today. Looks sweet without the stickers. The 954 has the slickest looking swingarm!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah...I hope you knew I was only talking about the 93 octane sticker and the could cause death sticker thing....NOT the WING!  thats clear coated.  The warning ones are not.  I took all my warning stickers off as well. The VIn is on there, and will always be on there.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is a warning sticker that may apply to some of your cages...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Diesel954 : Pealed them off and flicked them into the weeds.
Litterbug.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts