Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I'm trying to replace/cover up the tank decal on my 954.
So, the previous owner leaned it up against a pole.... and put some small paint chips in the frame and tank decal. I bought this bike a couple of months ago and this was the only blemish on the bike.

I am thinking i can just use a touch up pen and sand paper for the frame to get it to where I want but the decal would look like crap if I did that.

I know the decal is cleared onto the tank but what would stop me from just putting another decal over the top. I would want to on both sides so it looks the same? stupid idea or no....?

I did some research and I'm stuck. I have found the tank decal over at bikebandits.com but can't seem to figure out which one I need. There are two number 20s and two number 21s. :crap:

2003 Honda Motorcycle Parts for CBR954RR, Body & Fenders - STRIPE - MARK (CBR900RR'02 - '03)

there is the like so hopefully someone can tell me which ones to order :)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
The side where you just put put the sticker over the old one wont be as shiny as the stock side that is cleared and it will be a little more lifted off the tank, if those are things that you can live with, then go for it. If not, why not just pull both wings off the tank?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you couldn't really pull them off the tank b/c they are sealed on with a clearcoat? no?

ps, that's why I was going to just cover up both so they look the same

anyone know how expensive it would be to take it to a body shop?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok might try that with the damaged side. does the clearcoat start peeling on the rest of the tank?

anyhow, you know which decal is which on that website?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stumbled across this website today. got both tank wing decals for 21 bucks. figured i will try to stick them over the old ones for now.

anyhow here is the site. replicals.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts