Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

So i have an 03 954 which i really enjoy. unfortunately i went down a couple months ago and had to replace my forks,as well as triple tree and steering stem. i talked with the guy at the local bike shop and he said that the '99 VTR triple clamps and steering stem would both be compatible,so i got VTR clamps and steering stem as one unit.there straight and everything is all good other than the bearings.so i ordered tempered roller bearings (instead of ball bearings) and got everything installed (lower and upper races,lower bearing and dust seal onto the stem) but the upper bearing doesnt seem to want to make down the steering stem enough to even get close to the upper race.it only makes it to the top of the second layer of threads,and i donT Want to strip those threads by forcing it down.

-,My Main question is are the is '99 VTR steering stem and bearing size the same as the 954? i assumed they were so i ordered the tapered roller bearings in reference to the 954. anyways i appreciate any input as this is the last piece thats stopping me from getting my whole bike put back together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,indeed they are. Unlike the 954,which are inverted.i have the correct forks,was just asking about the stem sizes and if the re is a difference.i think i got it figured out.thanks fit the reply tho

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are putting conventional forks on your 954?

But yes, from what I can find the upper and lower bearing sizes are identical.

HONDA VTR 1000 F (SC36) 26x47x15 30x55x17
HONDA CBR 900 RR (SC50) 26x47x15 30x55x17

1 - 5 of 5 Posts