Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a really stupid question, but where the heck do you put your UK tax disk holder on an 08-11 fireblade? :confused:

On my 929 and on my 2005 RR I could use the rear footpeg mounting bolt, but this is not an option now. Short of buying a plastic holder and sticking it inside the windscreen, I'm stuck for ideas.

Any suggestions welcome...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mines a 954. My disc is stuck to the inside of the screen right at the bottom.
The holder is meant for a car but works great. Better than bolting something to the bike in my opinion

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Wallet. No-one actually bothers looking at the disks now anyway, and if they suspect something is up the first thing they do is punch the reg plate into a pda to check.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Wallet. No-one actually bothers looking at the disks now anyway, and if they suspect something is up the first thing they do is punch the reg plate into a pda to check.
:plus1:

As I said mine was always in my leathers until I was parked at the local Asda and an officer of the law was stood with me asking about my bike and that he used to ride etc etc - he advised that I should have it visible as another officer could fine me for not having it displayed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas that's helpful. I've been riding around with it under the pillion seat but I figured it really ought to be displayed in case I get a ticket when I'm parked somewhere...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Please edumacate a dumb American - what in the Sam Hill is a "Tax Disc?"

This some sort of vehicle registration? If so, is it national or local tax paid? What does it cost to register a motorbike in J.O.E. (Jolly Old England)?

P.S. I really love the international character of Fireblades.org. I don't usually get much of a chance to talk you furriners (LOL) too often.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts

This some sort of vehicle registration? If so, is it national or local tax paid? What does it cost to register a motorbike in J.O.E. (Jolly Old England)?

P.S. I really love the international character of Fireblades.org. I don't usually get much of a chance to talk you furriners (LOL) too often.
Here ya go mate.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
In Oz we have a rego label. This is the New South Wales one which is being canned this year. We don't have to have one at all now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yep, it's a national tax (£76 a year for a bike over 600cc) and you get a nice round paper licence disc to display somewhere on the bike...

·
Registered
430 Posts

It shows you have paid your Road Tax. Without Road Tax a vehicle isn't allowed on the UK rods,(with certain exceptions, age, agricultural etc).

For motorcycles its this much..

Motorcycle (with or without sidecar) (TC17)

Engine size (cc).......... 12 months rate.......... 6 months rate
< 150 ........................£16.00..................... Not available
151-400.....................£36.00.......................Not available
401-600.....................£55.00.......................£30.25
Over 600....................£76.00.......................£41.80

The government take all the tax money and put it to use keeping the roads in good condition.....:thumbd:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It shows you have paid your Road Tax. Without Road Tax a vehicle isn't allowed on the UK rods,(with certain exceptions, age, agricultural etc).

For motorcycles its this much..

Motorcycle (with or without sidecar) (TC17)

Engine size (cc).......... 12 months rate.......... 6 months rate
< 150 ........................£16.00..................... Not available
151-400.....................£36.00.......................Not available
401-600.....................£55.00.......................£30.25
Over 600....................£76.00.......................£41.80

The government take all the tax money and put it to use keeping the roads in good condition.....:thumbd:
You should have ended that last paragraph on the word "money"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts