Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everybody here use and WHY

I used taxcut the past 2 years, but have recently read something that disturbed me about it and now I am cuious about others.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the why of this thread was the important peice

have you 2 had any problems with the 03 version installer/unistaller - where you can't get rid of it?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I've always used TurboTax as well...I use Quicken too, so it's a natural. Don't know if it's the best or worst...but it works for me.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Cheap, easy to use, they check it first, then they have IRS check it for acceptance, check it the mail in two weeks, I've never even tried anything else so I can't compare.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Taxact. They started out as a homegrown tax program, and I have been using them since. I just filed my taxes last night since I have received all my paperwork. It's $20 for their program, and you get 1 electronic file for free thereafter it's like $8. So for $28 I can do my taxes and have both state and fed submitted electronically. I did my mom's while I was at it.

It might help if you are more specific about what you are concerned about..
Fig

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just wanted to see if there was any issues that people had ran into when filing - ie - wrong returns.

What i read from a review site was that taxcut was ginving incomplete data and trying to make people comeinto the HR Block store.

I have used it for 2 years with NO problems that I am aware of

·
Registered
741 Posts
ive used tax cut with zero trouble since 98 ! i just used it again this year as well and got the email that the irs has accepted it, bastards of course they will, its $$$ for them, nope im still not over it, lol

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did returns with both TT and TC. TurboTax found me 500 dollars more for my return

same info, different results :idunno:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I would not touch TurboTax with a gloved 90' pole from behind leaded glass (unless of course you enjoy spyware and draconian licensing systems).

No thanks.

I had no problems un-installed H&R TacCut at the end of last year. It worked well for me. YMMV.

There are plenty of sites like this around the net:

Turbo Tax Spyware Deleting Links

From another site:
Well wonder no more – product activation has now made its way into one of the most popular software programs ever created, TurboTax. And, as an extra bonus, the latest release of TurboTax comes with Macrovisions's obnoxious C-Dilla malware. C-Dilla prevents you from copying the CD by disabling your CD-RW drive. That means it's monitoring your CD writing activities all the time. As if you needed more processes running on your machine. Early reports from some users indicate that C-Dilla has caused interference with other software and that it is inordinately difficult to get rid of, perhaps requiring a low-level hard disk format. And to make things even dicier, Intuit apparently did not overtly inform purchasers of the new TurboTax that C-Dilla was included and would be installed on their systems.
And more..
Denver News Channel

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
stopsign said:
ive used tax cut with zero trouble since 98 ! i just used it again this year as well and got the email that the irs has accepted it, bastards of course they will, its $$$ for them, nope im still not over it, lol
Some of the technical publications that I get weekly indicate that the IRS flags e-filers for extra carful examination and your odds of audit are MUCH higher.

I've always e-filed in the past but I'm not so sure I'll do it in light of the increased off of an IRS anal proble. :eek:

YMMV.

·
Registered
463 Posts
stopsign said:
I don't want to sound like a jerk here (really!) but stopsign, I find your avatar to be a very inappropriate and because of it I have decided to not show any avatars from this forum.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holeshot said:
Some of the technical publications that I get weekly indicate that the IRS flags e-filers for extra carful examination and your odds of audit are MUCH higher.

I've always e-filed in the past but I'm not so sure I'll do it in light of the increased off of an IRS anal proble. :eek:

YMMV.

THAT is interesting - because the IRS wants 80% of all filers to be be using e-file by 2005

·
Registered
803 Posts
I would be concerned if two different tax programs with the same data came up with a $500 difference. If anyone hears anything bad about Taxact, let me know, when it comes to things like that I have no allegiance.

As for the C-dilla info posted earlier, I have a solution to that. I burn cd's on my linux box..
Fig

·
Registered
741 Posts
bubba said:
i did returns with both TT and TC. TurboTax found me 500 dollars more for my return

same info, different results :idunno:

this bothers me as well, i mean its too late now but for shits and giggles i will download (i mean purchase) turbo tax later on and redo my taxes to see if there is a difference. this does have me worried/curious now... i will post my findings.

·
Registered
741 Posts
BigKahuna said:
I don't want to sound like a jerk here (really!) but stopsign, I find your avatar to be a very inappropriate and because of it I have decided to not show any avatars from this forum.

i dont wanna sound like a jerk here either but dont look at it then.... i have had that avatar up there for literally months now and you seem to be the first to have a problem with it.... iam on the other hand happy that you found your own solution to the problem by shutting off your avatars, thanks for your help in this matter ! :smilebig:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts