Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luckily we had some decent sessions for the trackday last Friday so I could at least figure out where the track went.  The first two laps around I didn't even see where the 'chicane' that takes you onto the banking was and ending up taking a few trips through the hot pit!  LOL  I wasn't too excited about running this track in the first place; something about concrete walls that just doesn't appeal to me.  

My first race was Supertwins.  My start wasn't spectacular, but not too horrible.  Someone threw a chain right before turn one, so that was something else to worry about for a few laps.  I settled in and ran comfortably but really should have been faster.  My buddy was running in third and I kept him in sight but really wasn't gaining.  Unfortunately he lowsided (unhurt) toward the end of the race.  I ended up with another 5th place.  Got wood, but wasn't really happy with the way I ran.  

The next race was HW Supersport.  This was run in two waves, with the Experts taking off first.  Got another mediocre start but was running better.  In fact, I was running a full two seconds per lap faster than I was in the Supertwins race.  The racing gods dealt me a blow toward the end of the race when I came into turn one and the bike lost revs and died.  It did the same thing at the trackday Friday.  I got a couple downshifts and was starting into the turn when it acted like it had run out of gas and just quit and wouldn't restart.  It would crank but not fire.  I pushed it back to the pits and it fired right up.  It must be something with the fuel pump.  Guess I'll check the fuel filter too. Frustrating since I was running well!  Guess I have my evenings planned this week.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hey, it sounds like you did pretty well, despite the bike troubles. Gateway can't be a fun track to race with that silly chicane at Turn 8. It hammers your suspension. That whole turn is so narrow that you must be bumping and shoving all the way through there.

Do you know what your lap-times where?

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still very slow. I ran a couple of 1:16.7's I think in the HWSS race.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Congrats TB on the 5th place. At least you are getting to race! I have had my bike prepped since early spring and still haven't gotten my first race in. Hopefully I will get the bike going in the next couple of weeks and be able to run the endurance races with Fastraxx July 28th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts