Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title says it all. I am debating which boot to purchase. I seem to like the TCX better based on reviews/features, especially the ankle protection. Although, I like that EVERY piece of the Vertigo is replaceable. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have the TCS EVO which is what they were before they changed to TCX. Great boot, and they work too! Hard to go wrong with either. Best bet is to try them on and see which fits you better.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I don't have that option. We don't have any shops near me that carry any sport boots. I will be ordering them with a store and they will be shipped to said store.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have that option. We don't have any shops near me that carry any sport boots. I will be ordering them with a store and they will be shipped to said store.
In that case, read reviews to see how they fit and go from there. My TCS fit perfectly, and I had to do they same thing you are looking at.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sidi's!!
Best boots I have ever owned. They fit like a glove are as comfortable as my slippers and walk great when I am on a long distance ride and need to walk a lot with them on.
I have a wide size 10 foot just to give you a size reference.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Title says it all. I am debating which boot to purchase. I seem to like the TCX better based on reviews/features, especially the ankle protection. Although, I like that EVERY piece of the Vertigo is replaceable. Thoughts?

Boots and helmets need to be tried on to know if they suit you. I wear Sidi's and love them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Liked my first pair of TCX RS race boots so well,I purchased S race boots on sale and also the same model in the waterproof version!
The torsion control frames squeak like crazy when I walk around at first and the foot bed material,when exposed to rain,developed an odor requiring removal on my first pair,but other than that I find them to be of the finest fit and finish.
They're true to size and well ventilated.Metal grate and vent at sides of sole work almost too well on cold mornings!
Soles aren't replaceable according to TCX so I'll check out what my local shoe repair can do for my first pair when they finally wear thru,I'm talking about a year and a half of daily wear and walking!
My toe and heel sliders are metal and unscratched so that's not a replacement issue for me.
The first pair were what my dealer had,were top of the line technology,were white and matched my bike.
I've never owned Sidi's,but I do admire the replaceable parts ability.:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I ended up with these:

Very comfortable, but they don't fit very snug to my calf (I am a bit on the tiny side @ 140lbs 5'7".)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wear them with *gasp* jeans tucked in. They still aren't that snug. But they don't feel as though the fit makes them unsafe...let me edit that

EDIT: Around the calf is snug when velcro'd properly and pants (jeans) tucked in. Its below the calf in the area between ankle and calf that seems to not be snug. But I don't know how snug it should be really :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Mine fit pretty well with my leathers tucked in but not overly tight. They stayed on and held up well in a relatively low speed (under 50mph) get off too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts