Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 929 w/ a orion full exhaust and k&n filter w/ a power commander 3. the problem im having is it hesitates when i first take off almost like its running out of gas. then around 2k 2500 rpms its fine and pulls hard from there on has anyone delt with this problem..thanks for your help

·
Registered
728 Posts
(WOT) said:
what do you think is causing this is it the map or the filter or both? should i go w/ the stock filter
Get a custom map made, it smoothed mine out, but the damn HTEV causes me problems with 3500 mile surging. :confused:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I 3rd the opinion on getting a custom map. My bike gained 10hp in the lowend since Honda seems to make these things super fat (rich). You can have my Full Hindle map done for Austin Texas 2 weeks ago if you are interested in trying it out to see how the bike responds.

Oh yeah the specs on my map:
2001 929
93 Octane
Stock filter
Full Hindle
Power Commander (9pin serial)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The filter shouldn't affect shit once it's mapped with that filter in it. So don't just hurl the filter......... you paid for it, get the use from it, but get it mapped.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
out ride you said:
hey whats up guys now dont get me wrong i love my 954 but that damn clock is about to piss me off can anyone tell me how to set the @%#[email protected]^ clock on my bike
The link Conq posted will work but I found it easier to just slow the rotation of the Earth until my time zone lined up with the clock.

That was how the original service manual says to do it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts