Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i picked up a 1997 918 blade rrx with unknown history, to me.
seems to have been well looked after. under the seat there is a small box with red cable leading under the tank. where one part plugs into the pickup, and the other side plugs into loom.
on the back of the box is big letters, S H with a line under them. nothing more.
on front of box is a row of dip switches and a single push button.

im guessing either its a old style type mapping and rev limiter box, as this is carbed bike, maybe the idea is the map the ignition accordingly to what ever up jetting work is done?
but from what i can see all the jumpers are set to zero, and i have no manual to know how or where to start resetting it.
will post pics later when i figure out how. thanks.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,059 Posts
hello, i picked up a 1997 918 blade rrx with unknown history, to me.
seems to have been well looked after. under the seat there is a small box with red cable leading under the tank. where one part plugs into the pickup, and the other side plugs into loom.
on the back of the box is big letters, S H with a line under them. nothing more.
on front of box is a row of dip switches and a single push button.

im guessing either its a old style type mapping and rev limiter box, as this is carbed bike, maybe the idea is the map the ignition accordingly to what ever up jetting work is done?
but from what i can see all the jumpers are set to zero, and i have no manual to know how or where to start resetting it.
will post pics later when i figure out how. thanks.
Sounds to me like you have an early SpeedoHealer there mate. Used to correct electronic speedometers/sensors in the event of a sprocket change. I have one on my 93 as I added an electronic speedo and speed sensor just like the one on your RRT. RRX would designate a 1999 RR. Does the speed sensor come off the countershaft cover or on top of the tranny case?

95-97 looked like this:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaah yes, my speedo drive is on sprocket cover, my box has dip switches but I did wonder if it was speedo healer thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,059 Posts
Aaah yes, my speedo drive is on sprocket cover, my box has dip switches but I did wonder if it was speedo healer thanks
No problem. It's probably there because of a gearing change, you could probably find a model number on the box and Google it to find instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts