Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 RRW. When I turn the ignition on the temperature gauge reads 118 from a cold engine and within about 1 min it rises to 132 flashing. I have tried checking all the earths and replaced the loom. Also the engine loom. Ive used different earths on the frame but it is still the same.
Are there any ideas I could try next?
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply, I replaced it with a second hand one I had, it was the same. I will get a new one and try that.

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply, I replaced it with a second hand one I had, it was the same. I will get a new one and try that.
Hi , yes matey , could also be an earthing fault, with ignition on pull off the wire to the sender and earth it , you should get the same response of high heat on the gauge (but only earth for a couple of seconds):wink

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
I put a screw in the end of the sensor wire and earthed it to the frame, ive just got the tow lines on the temperature gauge on the clocks. does that mean that the sensor not earthing properly?

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
I put a screw in the end of the sensor wire and earthed it to the frame, ive just got the tow lines on the temperature gauge on the clocks. does that mean that the sensor not earthing properly?
Hi matey , taking the earth wire off the senor and earthing it is the same as the engine being Hot 132 temp, if it does not go round to 132 when grounded, then either the wiring or gauge is at fault:wink

1 - 7 of 7 Posts