Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tempted. Doesn't mean that I will actually do it, nor am I advocating the breaking of laws. But honestly, I have thought about it. I am also not trying to be a troll, but I have a feeling that anyone who has ever ridden on the street has at one point or another wished they had something to throw at a car.

The latest happened earlier last night. I am riding on a main street, three lanes wide in each direction, speed limit of 40 miles an hour (which I was doing). This is in the USA (we ride on the right side of the road). Dumb chick comes from a perpendicular residential cross street on my left (she also had a stop sign) to make a left turn to go the same direction as me. I am in the lane farthest to the left (because I was going to make a left turn about 1/2 mile down). Originally thought she would stop in the middle, and wait for me, and other traffic to go past before completing her left turn. Nope. When I am literally 10 ft away from her, she moves into my lane. I do not have enough space to come to a safe stop, so I had to make an emergency evasive manuever and swerve to the right to avoid hitting her. I honestly don't think she even looked before making the left turn.

I honk my horn and give her the finger to reward her for her great driving skills. But man, at that moment if I had something to throw...I would have. And I mean that. And I know that each and every one of us who has ridden on the streets has thought about it too. Doesn't mean you'd actually do it, but you've thought of it.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Doesn't mean you'd actually do it, but you've thought of it.
More times than I could list on here :mad:

I've had lorrys, buses, cars, pedestrians and cycles pull/walk out in front of me.. Some get sworn at loudly* so they can hear me, others get 'gestures'.. Never kicked a car yet but have come close a few times..

* In a very unladylike manner :O

·
Registered
18 Posts
50 cal machine gun should sort em!!! Trust me, if my husband could mount one on his bikes he would. Other ideas are spark plugs, nuts, bolts or a squirt bottle full of brake fluid. Yes we get em here too. I have even jumped off the bike in a fit of road rage and given the driver a mouthful. Of course Tony is yelling at me to get back on the bike. Honestly I can't win.

·
Registered
74 Posts
my preferance is ride up along side the drivers door, stick your foot out and take off the mirror, that gets their attention, ive even seen people that has happend to stop on a green light to let someone on a sportbike go by it was priceless

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I still am leary of cars that are turning as you know even if they see you does NOT mean that they see you :rolleyes: I had a close call on the freeway overpass the other day *** :mad: where this chrysler just had to have my spot I saw movement just on the outside of my right eye :crap: had just enough reaction time to slow dow pull far over to the right of the freeway shoulder (believe if I was in a car she would have hit me) to let this :rant: :rant: car pull in front of me. IF I had something I would have thrown it threw the windshield as she almost splat me!! I still dont think she saw me or even cared as I roared up beside her:(

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a carry permit and almost always have a gun on me or in my car. Riding my bike is pretty much the only time I don't for this very reason. When somebody does something like that I get pretty pissed off too. I've contemplated throwing my cellphone a couple times I was so mad.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This just opened my eyes to the fact that I have not rode with the texters yet. Oh ****!! I think I will have an eventful 1st summer back on two wheels. I am a very cautious driver/rider but I know I can never let my guard down, I have had some pretty scary times on a bike.:eek:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I just remember a time a couple decades ago when I was bitch riding a pal around LaJolla. When we stopped at my flat, and he was visibly shaking. He said we were almost killed by car, and I knew exactly which one he meant, saw what it was doing and had no trouble getting out of the way. Common place to me was death defying to him. I think the situations I thought death-defying would have really got his adrenaline flowing.

Assume every car around you will do the stupidest thing possible that will mess you up. As many times as not they will, but they'll never catch you with your skivvies down. You'll live longer, and so will your bikes.

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:hmm: I've got into the habit of riding with a fully loaded set of double barrelled profanities......

.. "F##kin' [email protected] Nob-Jockey"
maynot do much damage but, the venting makes me feel better:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't done anything bad (yet), though I have felt the rage come over me at the idiocy of some of today's road users... I keep thinking that if I happen to let some prick on the road have it who also suffers from road rage, then I will probably come off second-best, seeing as I don't have a 2-ton weapon at my disposal...

I did see a sight which made my month the other day though, this guy in a fugly porsche cayenne cut off a zx10r a bit in front of me, the zx10 rider braked, came up next to the cayenne and whacked the bonnet so hard with his left hand that I could see the dent very distinctly as I passed :rotfl:

I caught up to the zx10 just to give the rider a :thumb:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I find that hand grenades prefixed with suction cups is the way to go:evilaugh: (should be sold in all good bike shops every where):whistle:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I find that hand grenades prefixed with suction cups is the way to go:evilaugh: (should be sold in all good bike shops every where):whistle:
I love your thinking :thumb:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Magnetic ones would work as well :thumb: :evilaugh:

And of course they would have to look like the pin had been pulled out :evilaugh::evilaugh::evilaugh:

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
:hmm: I've got into the habit of riding with a fully loaded set of double barrelled profanities......

.. "F##kin' [email protected] Nob-Jockey"
maynot do much damage but, the venting makes me feel better:D
:pointup::lmao::plus1::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've kicked the odd car, BUT beware people, especially out here with the Spanish...they do tend to get a bit miffed by it...AND THEN TRY TO HIT YOU OFF YOUR BIKE:eek: Having a FAST bike at times like these helps A LOT!!!:eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
:pointup::lmao::plus1::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've kicked the odd car, BUT beware people, especially out here with the Spanish...they do tend to get a bit miffed by it...AND THEN TRY TO HIT YOU OFF YOUR BIKE:eek: Having a FAST bike at times like these helps A LOT!!!:eek:
Sort of a "kick and run" effect then? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts