Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble deciding which exhaust to buy for my 2012 CBR1000RR I'm looking at either a Termignoni full system or Akrapovic? Any help would be good or suggestions.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm having trouble deciding which exhaust to buy for my 2012 CBR1000RR I'm looking at either a Termignoni full system or Akrapovic? Any help would be good or suggestions.

Akrapovic every time for me.
Is the Termi all titanium?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the choice between carbon and titanium muffler but carbon is more expensive so thought better? Also carbon dosent get as hot am I right?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have the choice between carbon and titanium muffler but carbon is more expensive so thought better? Also carbon dosent get as hot am I right?

The carbon skin doesn't get as hot, but the rivets and straps and such still do.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Termignoni is for Ducati bikes ;-) I have an Akrapovic carbon slip on for my 954 and I love it! Super deep tone at idle. I like how I can brush up against the pipe and not get burned. In fact I can actually grab the pipe with both hands, no matter how long it's been running and it's only warm to the touch......plus it looks cool. :)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
There is a reason you see people resleeving carbon cans.. They do not last like a normal can does.

May look cool, and seem cool.. but overall I would stay away from them.

As for the whole "I can touch it while the bike is running"... why would you ever need to touch your exhaust while the bike is running? If you are wearing proper clothing, even a regular can wont burn you unless you really lean against it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
In what way do the carbon cans not last? Is it due to weather getting to them or do they just deteriorate? The carbon can on mine has apparently been on it since '03 and its still mint......bike only has 7800 kms though.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
In what way do the carbon cans not last? Is it due to weather getting to them or do they just deteriorate? The carbon can on mine has apparently been on it since '03 and its still mint......bike only has 7800 kms though.
Sunlight is probably the big killer but they also don't generally stand up very well to crashing.
If you aren't going to ride the bike it probably doesn't matter what sort of muffler is on it though ;-)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Looking at those 2 exhausts

Be aware that being over the $1000 threshold you will be up for GST and import duty which will raise the price significantly. GST is 10% but you'd have to look at the Customs site for the import duty - probably 5%. Both are on the landed price including shipping.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Carbon doesnt hold up well in high vibration conditions. As well as sun light, and crashing...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sunlight is probably the big killer but they also don't generally stand up very well to crashing.
If you aren't going to ride the bike it probably doesn't matter what sort of muffler is on it though ;-)
Lol in my defense, I just bought it in October '12.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts