Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after my recent Gixxer 1k (03) ride, I took a 954 out today (the really fast blue one) and have the following to say...

brakes. They are better than the gixxer 1k - not by a lot, but they are.

Agility - it is more agile, and as a rider, I feel that I just 'clicked' with the bike better from the word go - I think if I was at a track, with only one lap, I would go faster on the blade. and seeing as my personal favourite bit of road consists of 104 25mph (or slower) corners in a 6 mile stretch, I think agility is better for me than power.

Power - it's well below the gixxer - but it isn't poor. Mid range is useful, top end is a hoot, and this baby will still chew you up and spit you out if you choose to not show respect. Besides, enough of us have proved that a Hindle and PCIII will get you close enough to gixxer power territory anyway. Besides, the extra grunt of the gixxer will only make a difference to truly good riders (not me - I am merely someone who 'can ride' and is doing his best to get better with every riding day).

Oh yes, price - $2500 US ($3500aus) seals the deal. I'll be putting my deposit on the blue 954 in the next week - and if the 04 bikes are REALLY that much better, I'll buy one this time next year, when the prices are nice and low in prep for the 05 models, and the niggles and recalls are sorted...

Z...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Gooood choice

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey Zee thats great news! Hope ur getting a good deal? someone I was talking to today is getting the yellow/black one at action mc in the city for $13500 brand new, but he is mates with the sale guy there so I guess hes getting a pretty good deal, If u want to go riding sometime when u get ur new bike just PM me, although were gonna have to do something distinguish our bikes apart otherwise we we might end up taking the wrong steed home, sorta like dating twins I guess

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Good choice. I knew you wouldn't turn to the dark side.

That's odd that the GSXR is so much more than the 954 over there; here it's $100 cheaper than the 954!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good choice. Man, you guys get all the cool color combos.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Congrats dude...and don't forget to post pics when you get it (preferably with a scantilly clad swimsuit model or approximation).

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Best thing i ever done as well was trade in my 98 R1 for a 954RR2 i just felt @home straight away on it can`t wait until nxt summer

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
GhostRider : Congrats dude...and don't forget to post pics when you get it (preferably with a scantilly clad swimsuit model or approximation).  
GhostRider, you have done it now! You'll probably get a pic of Zeeman in his speedo

Great choice Z, I think you will love that steed!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm sure you'll be happy with your decision. You picked a great bike for the right reasons.

I love the blue!

Enjoy the new Blade!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, I was a bit excited when I typed this post - I meant $2500 US cheaper than a gixxer 1k 03.

Jungleboy - I'll be picking it up mid december I believe, and I think I'll be ordering a full hindle (to help keep the bikes looking kinda different).

Now I just gotta wait for anothe rmonth and a half...

Z...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Congratulations, my man!

Silently lurking (redundancy squared), knowing the care and love you gave to your previous 'blade, making it a screamer and, most importantly, individually YOURS, I could not imagine that you would ever get anything other than another 'blade.

I don't need to tell you, Zee, that you have chosen wisely. After all, you have had ample time to consider all the choices, and you have chosen well!

Looking forward, as all of us are, to hear of your mods....
Rock On!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts