Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope it's not a Red Rider Special... :)

Scary stuff, stolen from another board. Proof that guns don't kill people. Heavily armed suspects in stolen SUVs kill people, or at least try to.

:thumbd:

This is an in-car video of a police officer in Richardson, Texas (north Dallas suburb of about 91,000 people) who encounters a Chevy SUV with armed assailants inside. The bank robbery suspects inside the SUV open fire on his cruiser with an automatic rifle, striking his patrol vehicle multiple times. He escaped serious injury, though his cruiser was rendered inoperative and he could not pursue the suspects. The difference between life and death here was precariously thin. Next time you see a police officer patrolling the streets of your city or neighborhood, give them a wave of appreciation. They do an unpredictable and sometimes deadly job that many people don't stop to think about very often, if ever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Wild. Though I doubt many will agree with you that that vid is not an argument for gun control.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
luvtolean said:
Wild. Though I doubt many will agree with you that that vid is not an argument for gun control.
I will. The gun was an automatic (already 'controlled') used by folks that are likely felons (already 'controlled'). So I should give up my right to accomplish... :confused: Further in a case of an officer in danger and wounded I would attempt to help him, as I believe most armed citizens would. Of course the criminals who will not turn in their weapons would...... well you saw the video
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
+1
Controlling the law abiding masses because the (un)controlled criminals don't follow the rules isn't going to solve anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
Guys, I'm not arguing that this video is a promotional tool for Diane Feinstein, I'm just saying I think it has nothing to do with gun control...and certainly doesn't portray gun ownership positively in any way.

It's just a trooper having a very scary, lucky day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with that last post of yours, LTL.

I didn't mean to politicize the thread. It was just a play on words, FWIW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,531 Posts
I noticed you took out one word that would have made certain types cry.
It would have been fun to see that SUV hit by an RPG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
BDA116 said:
It would have been fun to see that SUV hit by an RPG.
I liked the response to the car that stopped to check on him, "GO GO GO, GET THAT SONOFABITCH!!!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
This is a great argument for Gun Control. Automatics are great for suppression fire but as these knuckleheads figured out not for accurate controlled fire (for us mere mortals at least). As Sheepmasterflex mentioned these weapons are either stolen or illegal FA weapons.

These guys broke more laws in 5 seconds than my entire lineage dating back to the Mayflower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
I'm shure they were caught and had a kind of "justice" before they even got to court. As they should.
Cops IMO are out gunned, in many cases. The criminals usually have a partner, what does the cop have? A radio, computer, camera, etc...none of which can return fire if needed. Depts have made major cutbacks in staffing to meet the demand of taxpayers and city officals. I believe the depts should go back to the partner system. JM2C


Glad he made it through it ok though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,499 Posts
rocket said:
This is a great argument for Gun Control. Automatics are great for suppression fire but as these knuckleheads figured out not for accurate controlled fire (for us mere mortals at least). As Sheepmasterflex mentioned these weapons are either stolen or illegal FA weapons.

These guys broke more laws in 5 seconds than my entire lineage dating back to the Mayflower.
+1 All of the gun control in Canada can't stop the Asian gangs in my town from somehow acquiring assault rifles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,804 Posts
Chain, Nice to hear from ya!


Any followup to this story? Were the perps captured alive? Firing on a police car ( In TEXAS :eek: ) is kind of a 'don't take me alive'' statement, in my opinion. Or, to put it another way, an elequently expressed death wish..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
+1 All of the gun control in Canada can't stop the Asian gangs in my town from somehow acquiring assault rifles.
Um...I think you missed his point. :D

Do the Asian gangs have good "gun control"? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
Can anyone point me to facts that it was an automatic weapon because I dont see that at all. Semi auto of medium caliber, probaly an SKS or AK varient, or something higher grade that was stolen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
The article said "automatic" (in red). I think people mix terms since an "automatic" pistol translates to a "semi-automatic" rifle (both fire once per trigger pull). :idunno:

I'm no expert (as you well know G ;) ), but I've never heard an AK cycle so slowly in movies or on the news.

I had a FA paintgun that did a slow 600 RPM, and it was LOTS faster than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
Can anyone point me to facts that it was an automatic weapon because I dont see that at all. Semi auto of medium caliber, probaly an SKS or AK varient, or something higher grade that was stolen.
Look at the rate of fire!!!!! Either it was fully auto or the guy shooting had parkinsons.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top