Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
29 priors? WTF was this guy doing on the street? It would be interesting to know if the judge that allowed Tye's killer out was involved in this situation as well.

It is so critical to have good information when voting for judges and I don't know how to get it.

I hope Omaha properly recognizes those citizens.

edit: Osiris, we're on the same wavelength !

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great question, the one of why this guy was breating free air to begin with. There simply is no truth in sentencing, here or anyplace else in the country.

There is talk of the mayor giving each of the citizens a key to the city ... I hope he does so. It's purely symbolic, but would be a great way to bring attention to their civic activism and bravery.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HondaGal said:
Finally, some "good" news. Thanks for sharing, Chain. :)
Gosh, I know - seems like its few and far between these days, huh 'gal? Anyway, you're welcome!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
She should've called it in and waited for backup. It was her lucky day, that's for sure. "Keys to the city"? Nah, how about something more practical, like "get out of jail free 29 times" cards? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2OHOH2954 said:
She should've called it in and waited for backup. It was her lucky day, that's for sure. "Keys to the city"? Nah, how about something more practical, like "get out of jail free 29 times" cards? :rolleyes:
That's a pretty acute observation for someone outside policing, OHOH. Seriously, that's a compliment. You're right, in a vacuum with perfect, 20/20 vision, that's exactly what she would have done. Yet these things are fluid and dynamic ... I wasn't there and don't know if she felt, saw or sensed something to make her holster up and go hands-on. In any case, kudos to the folks to came to her aid.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
wish I were there to give him a boot up his arse, at least people are still looking out for each other. pretty uncommon in the world we live in I think.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Unfortnately here in Cdn if one assists a police officer they are scorned for what they did & if an owner of a business or a clerk takes down & controls would be thieft or hold-up person or TRIED TO they are told bluntly they should not have endangered themself & possibly others----reads in the newspaper that way as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts